Job Description Summary:
At Grant Thornton we're driven by a purpose of shaping a vibrant economy, based on trust and integrity in markets, dynamic businesses, and communities where businesses and people thrive. By living our purpose and focusing on quality, we strive to be the go-to-firm for growth. We’ve created our own unique culture - one that offers the opportunities of a major organisation in a personal, close-knit environment and that's built around a Challenger Leadership style and a Shared Enterprise model.
Be inspired. Be challenged. Be yourself. Here. You can.
Reporting to the firm’s Money Laundering Reporting Officer (MLRO) the role will have operational lead responsibility for the firm’s prevention procedures relating to bribery and the facilitation of tax evasion. At the core of the role is ensuring that the firm’s prevention procedures remain appropriate in line with risk assessments, and designing and implementing new procedures where these are required. This will include engaging with all parts of the UK firm, and those associated with us, to provide advice and guidance, investigate reports of suspicious activity and set the requirements and make decisions relating to associated party due diligence.
• keeps up to date with the firm's strategy, and builds knowledge of the firm's service line offerings and client requirements
• maintains an up to date knowledge of key areas of compliance, policy and procedures relevant to the firm
• actively shares knowledge with colleagues and builds networks across all stakeholder groups
• works closely with colleagues in Grant Thornton UK and other member firms
• establishes a credible profile as a senior member of the financial crime team
• assists in the delivery of high quality services and market focus strategy by ensuring that all areas of the firm comply with the firm's processes relating to preventing financial crime
• maintains a working knowledge of the firm's various business areas (including service lines, support functions and the practice protection function) and quality management systems
• acts as an 'ambassador' of the firm demonstrating knowledge of Grant Thornton products and services when talking to intermediaries and clients
• develops and maintains an appropriate knowledge of legal, ethical and regulatory requirements.
• demonstrates commitment to delivering high quality standards, ensuring that the team delivers a consistent and excellent service
• sets policies, procedures and Key Performance Indicators (KPIs) for the team, ensuring that these are regularly reviewed and updated as required
• manages difficult situations in an efficient and professional manner
• manages stakeholder' expectations and delivers against Service Level Agreements (SLAs) and KPIs
• takes overall responsibility for team resourcing and workflow
• understands all risks and takes steps to minimise them, ensuring compliance by team members
• undertakes regular quality assurance checks on team's activities and outputs
• maintains good working relationships with colleagues, business leaders and risk owner
• works collaboratively with the head of the team to ensure that all observations, recommendations and reports to key stakeholders are based on sound judgement, pragmatic advice and add value to the firm and the business area.
• deals with queries from client facing team members in an efficient, constructive and timely manner
• manages the process of developing, updating and implementing technical Manuals, as required
• ensures that the Manuals referred to above are updated to reflect any changes in policies, processes and legislation
• deals with ad hoc queries and projects as they arise in an efficient, constructive and timely manner
• acts as a role model for living the firm's values and builds positive team morale
• mentors and coaches team members, actively supporting their on-going professional development
• provides confidence-building feedback, input to team performance reviews and carries out performance reviews for team leaders
• fosters a knowledge-sharing environment and supports on the job training, acting as a sounding board on technical issues
• actively seeks opportunities for own development, seeks and acts on feedback on own performance
• delegates effectively
• takes ultimate responsibility for ensuring all people related procedures are adhered to, including timesheets, absence and performance management
• works collaboratively across all areas to maximise our contribution to the firm and to clients
• provides training sessions to teams around the country
• provides regular and accurate reports against KPIs to the head of the team
• ensures team is adequately resourced to meet corporate objectives and business needs
• effectively plans and delivers ad hoc projects and initiatives that sit outside day to day take-on activities
• supports the acquisition and implementation of software solutions and research databases, including trialling and testing sources and solutions
• complies with all team and departmental procedures and working methodologies
• carries out business assessments on areas in line with departmental plan and methodologies, ensuring all work is planned, reviewed and communicated in a timely manner
• constantly looks for new ways to improve operating methodologies
• works within budget and alerts head of team to any identified budget variances
• plays a key role in departmental and office meetings
Your personal development plan will help you grow your skills.
You’ll also enjoy a competitive salary and a flexible benefits package designed to meet your individual needs.
Becoming a shared enterprise
Our unique culture is built around collaboration. Everybody here plays their part. Over the past few years we’ve been making big changes - moving towards becoming a shared enterprise. We share ideas. We share responsibility. We share the rewards. Put simply, we’re better together.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"