Our client is an International Banking that is looking to hire a Manager - Compliance Monitoring to join their team;
- To possess a good, up-to-date understanding of both the PRA and FCA regulatory requirements in particular in relation to COBS, AML / KYC, training and competence and data protection.
- To provide independent oversight and work with other members of the Compliance team and support the Head of Compliance /MLRO to undertake and complete the monitoring reviews incorporated in the Compliance Monitoring Plan. This includes preparation of reports for review and approval by the Head of Compliance before submission to the Board Conduct Risk Committee.
- To maintain a database of issues arising from monitoring reviews and ensure that businesses/support functions complete all actions on a timely basis.
- To propose changes (and ensure that they are implemented by the relevant member of the Compliance team) to Compliance policies, processes, training etc as a result of observations arising from the monitoring reviews.
- To help ensure that relevant and reliable management information on compliance related issues (including monitoring reviews and other matters as required by the Head of Compliance) is prepared and delivered to senior management on a timely basis in order to enable effective action to be taken where necessary.
- To work with other members of the Compliance team to review and approve financial promotions on a timely basis. To ensure that all approved material is logged and kept on file along with the approval for future reference.
- To assist on ad hoc projects, as required by the Head of Compliance, including preparation of Compliance reports to management and Board committees
Main Accountabilities and approximate time split
- Completion of reviews, as per the Compliance Monitoring Plan 65%
- Financial Promotions 15%
- Compliance governance and other ad hoc matters 10%
- Internal reporting 10%
- Good analytical and investigative skills
- Attention to detail
- Ability to use initiative and work with minimum supervision but ensuring, at the same time, that the line reports are kept fully informed at all times.
- Ability to communicate effectively, orally and in writing
- Ability to learn rapidly and adapt to change
Knowledge and Expertise
- Extensive experience of compliance monitoring, preferably in retail banking
- Wide-ranging financial services experience and knowledge of banking products and processes.
- Good understanding of current and anticipated regulatory requirements and expectations.
Experience and qualifications specific to the role
- Educated to Graduate level or relevant industry qualifications
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job