A top Leading independent firm are seeking, an open minded, forward thinking accountant to lead a team of excellent professionals to compliment both modern and traditional service offerings whilst also developing client relationships via new practice initiatives.
This role has a competitive salary subject to relevant skills and experience.
- Leading a tight knit team of up to seven like-minded professionals of varying degrees of experience. Manage work flow, budgets and identify training requirements.
- Review a wide range of accounts - Limited, sole trader, partnership, LLP’setc.
- Build upon client relationships with a view to be their primary point of contact.
- Manage a varied client portfolio (T/O up to £10million) including finalising accounts and dealing with general incoming queries.
- Deliver a management accounts service to clients to include forecasting and budgeting.
- Be able to lead ad-hoc client projects.
- Be proficient at drafting personal and corporation tax returns.
- Liaise with HMRC on behalf of clients.
- Continue to develop existing systems including - Iris, Sage, Xero, Quickbooks, Freeagent, Kashflow.
- Assist with on boarding clients to appropriate accounting software.
- Deliver a variety of training sessions to staff and clients alike.
- Identify cross selling and marketing opportunities.
- Attend networking and promotional events.
Skills and Experience
- Hold or soon to hold an ACA or ACCA qualification.
- To have three year's experience of working in general practice.
- Able to lead a varied and dynamic team of professionals.
- To be highly competent in Microsoft Office - particularly Excel.
- Ideally, to be proficient in the use of IRIS accountancy suite but not essential.
- To be proficient at on boarding clients to appropriate accounting software.
For further information on this role, please apply direct or contact Billie Vallance at AJ Chambers.