My client is a top four consultancy currently searching for a Market Risk professional with extensive FRTB experience.
• Advising and assisting clients with the impact of the changing capital requirements framework ('Basel 4’), with particular focus on the new market risk requirements, Fundamental Review of the Trading Book ('FRTB’).
• This role is primarily a qualitative SME role focussing on the impact on bank business models and potential solutions (as opposed to modelling the quantitative impact).
• This will require working with senior Front Office (primarily Trading) stakeholders at investment banks as well as other functions such as Risk and Product Control.
• The individuals will be responsible for management and delivery of individual work streams within both market risk and wider risk and capital related engagements.
• The individuals will be expected to manage and develop junior team members and proactively liaise with and update senior internal stakeholders (covering both project delivery as well as client marketing).
• Need to be proactive in keeping abreast of regulatory expectations and industry practices.
• As a member of the banking segment, the individual will also be required to apply their skills to a broad range of banking related issues supporting both UK and Global propositions. The expectation is that the roles will evolve over time to provide a balance of broader advisory and client heyday facing responsibilities.
Qualifications & Skills:
• Market risk knowledge and Front Office experience are mandatory.
• Strong knowledge and understanding of market risk frameworks and processes including risk management, risk control and product control.
• Proven ability of having responsibility for effectively delivering market risk engagements.
• Ability to clearly define and articulate business requirements
• Detailed working knowledge of FRTB and an understanding of its implications is advantageous, but not a requirement.
• Ability to communicate and challenge senior management (Front Office, Risk and Product Control) on range of market risk topics.
• Confidence and ability to explain complex technical terms/impacts to a senior non-technical audience (e.g. VaR, SVaR, IRC, RWA and ES).
• Proven ability to work within a team environment and the ability to proactively develop juniors.
• Flexibility and agility to contribute to a broad range of banking risk engagements.
• Excellent oral / written communication, planning, project management, networking and influencing skills.
• Flexibility to work across the UK (and internationally) where required.
Experience & Background:
• Experience of delivering major regulatory change programmes in a trading environment.
• Strong understanding of regulatory reforms impacting financial institutions (specifically, FRTB)
• Detailed knowledge of the front-to-back operations of an investment bank with a particular focus on understanding the structure of Front Office.
• Experience of working with Front Office (specifically trading), Risk and Product Control across a number of asset classes
• Experience of risk management within investment banking
• Project management skills
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job