Would you like to work for a progressive company that really values their staff input?
Have you got experience training in the Health and Social Care Sector?
Are you looking for a role where you can use your initiative and put in your own ideas?
If so, then we have the perfect role for you...
Hertfordshire Care Providers Association (HCPA) is an innovative company set up to support care providers within Hertfordshire. Support is given to our members via funded training, information, advice and advice.
Main Purposes of the Job: To design, develop and deliver high quality leadership and care training to the Private, Voluntary and Independent Adult Social Care Workforce of Hertfordshire.
Pay: £26,000 -29,000 p.a. Band M1
Contract Terms: Full time (37.5 hours per week working 9.00am until 5.00pm Monday to Friday)
This is a new and exciting position for someone to extend their leadership incare and training skills
It is essential that this candidate:
Has passion and enthusiasm to raise the standard of quality of care
Has a Leadership in Care background
Has experience in the adult teaching arena
Has credibility with teaching senior management staff
Reporting To: Curriculum Manager
- Work with the strategic management to understand the needs of learners and create and implement development plans to address both short and long term requirements with a focus on addressing any skills gaps and meeting the needs of our members.
- Design, prepare and deliver care and leadership level training courses to meet observation requirements including Ofsted
- Learn all current courses within the HCPA Leadership Suite and deliver these to HCPA standards with passion and enthusiasm
- Act as an assessor and verifier
- Deliver quality provision of Skills for Care 'care certificate programme’ within HCPA.
- Deliver courses linked to on-going development programmes
- Support providers who require tailored solutions to training staff
- Develop and deliver Forums relevant to HCPA membership
- Be responsible for feeding Education Department data into the development and implementation of HCPA’s 'Matrix’ and 'Endorsement’ action plans utilising the feedback from our recent programmes.
- Attend task and finish groups to develop and implement the Hertfordshire strategy including for Qualified Practitioners (Nurses), Apprentices and Practitioners working towards leadership qualifications.
- Network with external sector bodies and sector specific groups to share knowledge and represent HCPA’s interests.
- Provide reports to the strategic lead on evaluation, quality, return on investment and impact on L&D strategy of existing and proposed training interventions.
- Work with the team to ensure all training is planned, booked, communicated and recorded efficiently.
- Work with the Quality Team to ensure all courses are mapped to appropriate qualifications and standards and manage all quality assurance within the department.
- Undertake any projects as directed as they achieve funding - these may not necessarily be related to training but will link to quality and the HCPA key objectives
- Undertake CPD events as directed
- Hold key accountability and write up project reports and add input to tenders
Note: there will be additional specific training duties added to this JD depending on skill set and needs of the business, these will include the following:
- Developing new courses and materials
- Undertake CPD specific to NLP
- Delivering to Managers
- Attending events and meetings
This role will be approximately 90% direct delivery and 10% preparation, planning, leading and networking
- Own transport with insurance for business use is essential for this role as travel around Hertfordshire may be required
- Previous experience of teaching within a health and social care setting
- Experience in working within the Health & Social Care Sector at Senior Leadership level
- Excellent communication skills both written, IT and verbal
- Must be fit and able: This job requires low level physical activity and the instructor must be able to demonstrate techniques
- Proven experience in providing quality assurance systems and processes
- Be excellent at autonomous research and have proven leadership experience
- Adaptable - training may be within the HCPA training centre, and may also be courses which need to be delivered at a client’s site or alternative venues. These may not always be ideal venues for teaching and may require adaptability
Hours of Work:
Usually Monday to Friday 9.00am until 5:00pm with a half-an-hour break, although will be required to be flexible to meet business needs. Some evening work may be required particularly to run or attend team meetings. Office based in Welwyn Garden City. Training Sessions can be located anywhere in in the local area. Travel expenses will be paid from the office address.
- Training Centre
- Adult Social Care