2019 Management Trainee 12 month Industrial Placement - London
Please note our intake for 2017-2018 placements has now closed.
This application is for our undergraduates undertaking a placement to start in 2019.
Add an annual turnover of $20.9 billion to a rental and leasing fleet of over 1.9 million vehicles spread across 9,600 locations worldwide and you get Enterprise Rent-A-Car – a business that’s grown into the largest global mobility provider in the world.
During our year-long placement, our students play an integral role in the success of Enterprise and will have a comprehensive introduction to our Graduate Management Training Programme. For a university student, real world professional business experience can put you above the rest when you enter the job market.
Our placements go at a highly energised pace. From day one you’ll learn what it takes to run a successful business and acquire the highly marketable skills and experience that you get when you’re helping to run and operate a successful business. But don’t just take our word for it – our interns have been voted Best Intern of the Year at the NUE awards for the last two consecutive years.
It’s learning by doing, not by getting coffee or filing all day. Our university interns take on the same challenges on their internship as our first and second year full-time professionals. You’ll be part of a team-based environment where Enterprise employees are supportive and fun to work with.
After an initial classroom-based orientation session, you’ll be assigned to a branch office for hands-on business training. Here you will learn valuable business skills from capable mentors who were once in your shoes. Our promote-from-within culture ensures that you’ll have a well-rounded training experience and learn skills in management, finance, operations, sales and customer service.
When you join our Management Placement Programme, you’ll soon discover that every day is different because it is filled with so many new, exciting, rewarding, and often unexpected challenges. There is not one consistent aspect; however, you’ll not only get the chance to put into practice all that you’ve learned so far while at university, but you’ll learn more about sales, marketing, customer service, business management, and administrative skills than you ever thought possible.
Throughout our placement programme, there are a series of carefully monitored tests and evaluations, after which you'll receive pay increases, rewards, and more opportunities for promotion.
You will develop skills in:
- Management skills:leadership, training, mentoring, people skills and soft skills, and looking at the big picture
- Business management:cost control, profits, growth, account management, employee development, and administrative skills
- Marketing:how to gain new customers both retail and corporate, how to manage dealerships, and run bodyshop accounts
- Sales:how to increase revenue by generating more sales
- Customer service:taking reservations, handling customer enquiries, problem solving and delivering cars to customers
- Fleet control:how to handle repairs, and getting the right number and type of cars in your fleet
Your duties will include:
Providing customers with a great customer experience, you'll be marketing our business, selling our service and liaising with insurance companies, dealerships, body shops and corporations. Not to mention all the day-to-day stuff, like office management and administration as well as collecting and delivering vehicles and keeping them clean.
Not only is it a paid placement programme, but you may also be eligible for performance incentives and employee referral rewards. The business training you’ll receive will be an amazing jump-start to your career.
- We accept applications for our Placement Programme from university students that are due to take undertake a placement year starting summer 2019, regardless of university attended and subjects being studied. Our assessment is based on how you perform against our competencies and will judge you on that alone.
- You must have a full UK/EU manual driving licence, but we do make accommodations for applicants who don’t drive due to a disability.
- No drug or alcohol related offence on driving record within the last five years is permitted.
- Please let us know about any accommodations you may need to participate in our recruitment process.
- Please limit your application to only one job posting based on where you live and/or plan to work. Applying to multiple locations will delay your application being processed.
- This job posting is for applications within the following locations: London.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'