Our Client’s work provides scientific, technical and legislative support to the food, drinks and allied industries worldwide. They are currently looking for a Management Systems Advisor to join their Food Safety Management Systems Team.
The role will have a wide remit focusing on a number of key areas of food safety and quality management systems. The successful candidate will be expected to develop, manage and perform a range of audit and pre-audit activities, develop and present training courses, provide guidance and consultancy in the area of food safety and quality management systems.
Planning and execution of technical delivery of a blend of contract, training and research projects.
Responding to direct technical enquiries
Provision of consultancy and the performing of site audits/pre-audits.
Present training materials as the lead tutor or support tutor, as relevant, on both scheduled and client specific courses.
Design and develop training course materials.
Interpretation of results and preparation of client reports to agreed standards.
Implementation of business development strategies, stimulate areas of contract, training, and research in line with the focus area of the job.
Preparing project proposals/tenders for clients
Performing internal audits for the Department and site as required.
Qualifications and competencies
- A graduate in a relevant scientific subject or equivalent (e.g. experience).
- A technical knowledge of the food industry (science and technology) across multiple food sectors.
- 3 to 5 years’ experience in a technical or quality management role within food manufacturing or in food legislation enforcement.
- Practical experience of industrial food safety management standards
- Formal qualification in HACCP, Level 4
- Practical experience and trained in auditing, to lead auditor level
- Training experience and "Train the trainer" qualification
- Communication skills to support business development, training and consultancy.
- Effective project and time management skills.
- Full UK/EU driving licence.
- IT literate - working knowledge of PowerPoint.
- Project Management
- Quality Management
- Train the Trainer
- Food Technology
- Food legislation