Management Consultant - Data Strategy and Governance, Utilities / Nuclear & Infrastructure
London base location wih travel
Who you’ll be working with
Our 17,000 dedicated sector consultants work with more than 75 of the top Utilities businesses worldwide, building relationships and solutions that last. In the Nuclear and Infrastructure sector we are the leading consultancy for New Nuclear Builds. We help our clients digitise their Capital Project delivery and operational asset processes to provide clean, secure and affordable energy whilst reducing the total cost of ownership over the 80 year life cycle of the asset.
The focus of your role
The Utilities market never stands still. To stay competitive, organisations must squeeze every return from their assets and aim for the pinnacle of operational achievement. We’ll go above and beyond to help our clients do that. Using advanced techniques and next-gen technologies, we help our clients consistently outperform regulatory and shareholder expectations. Given the scale of investment for Nuclear and other Power Generation Projects in the UK there is a very strong focus on safe delivery and operational performance of the assets to plan.
We are seeing a significant increase in demand for our Data Strategy, Governance and insights team. We have built a successful track record of improving organisational performance through better insights from information and data. Our consultants bring Nuclear and Asset Intensive Industry experience, a strong business improvement skillset, an understanding of how data centric ways of working can enable the safe and predictable delivery of Capital Projects, with a smooth transition to operations. We need more talented people like them to join our team.
What you’ll do
The primary role supports organisations and Capital Projects to develop their Data Strategies and deploy effective Data Governance frameworks, processes, policies etc. to improve the quality, management and exploitation of data and information assets. You will help our clients establish Data Strategies and drive Organisational Change across Business Functions to embed Data Centric ways of working which will support adherence to Data Governance Frameworks, Data Policies, Standards and Practices. Through improved information management our clients will improve the predictability for the delivery and operations of their asset.
What you’ll bring
You’ll bringexperience in Nuclear, Major Infrastructure, Oil & Gas and other Asset Intensive Industries. You may already be a consultant or you may be working within a Utility, Energy Generation organisation, or an Engineering/Technology vendor to Utilities. You will have experience of Data Strategy development, Governance and BIM Principles, and how technology can enable data centric ways of working.
We seek individuals who can demonstrate experience in many of the following:
- Managing and/or delivering projects in Nuclear, Oil and Gas, Utility or Asset Intensive industry, either working for an institution or for a consulting firm
- To define the Strategy and Policy for Data Governance across Capital Projects supporting a move from Document to Data Centric ways of working
- Develop Data Governance Frameworks, with a focus on improvement of Data Quality and exploitation of information through Cultural Change, and Standards, Principles, Governance Metrics, Processes, related tools and Data Architecture
- Develop the supporting Process and Procedures for Data and Document Management across the project e.g. Data Quality, Master Data Management, Information Requirements Management
- Develop the organisation design for Data Governance and Stewardship defining the roles for information ownership within BU and across BU’s
- Facilitate the development and implementation of Data Quality Standards, Data Protection standards and adoption requirements across the Project
- Lead development of the Data Model and Data Architecture for the delivery and operations of an asset
- Define indicators of performance and Quality Metrics and ensure compliance with data related Policies, Standards, Roles and Responsibilities, and adoption requirements
- Develop the BI strategy and look at techniques such as predictive analytics to drive improved Project Performance
- Experience in managing and delivering in small to medium sized teams working with multiple and varied stakeholders at different seniority levels to deliver tangible positive outcomes.
- A strong understanding of BIM principles and Asset Information Lifecycle Management is advantageous
WHY JOIN US? What makes Capgemini Consulting unique?
You’ll be free to make your role and your career what you want it to be. Proactivity and ambition flourish at Capgemini Consulting. There are countless opportunities available to propel your development forward: seek out those that suit you, and we will back you all the way. In summary, we believe the following make this a great place to work:
- Show how single minds make for better teams: Work alongside fierce intellects who love to collaborate.
- Be comfortable outside your comfort zone: Self-stretchers thrive in our environment.
- Build momentum in your career: Make your role and your career what you want it to be.
- Stay true to who you are: Play to your strengths and bring your individuality.
- Aim for nothing less than leading edge: We thrive on the knowledge that the Digital work we do has real impact.
- Give your curiosity freedom and focus: A place where inquisitiveness and entrepreneurial thinking are encouraged.
Whilst you will have London as an office base location, you must be fully flexible in terms of assignment location, as these roles may involve periods of time away from home at short notice.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"