Management Assistant - Portsmouth
The role for Management Assistant is an exciting opportunity for bright and highly ambitious graduate with c.2 years’ experience, to work directly for the CEO and other Executive Committee members within Checkatrade. The vacancies have arisen due to our growth into new areas and an increase in workload for developing and testing new strategic initiatives across Group functions and Business Lines
The Management Assistant role is seen as a key opportunity to building a pipeline of future leadership talent within Checkatrade. The right candidates can expect high exposure across the group and great opportunities for career development e.g. through sponsorship of part time studies after one year depending on aspirations.
Key role responsibilities - Office of the CEO
· Market research into new ideas and opportunities: includes competitor research, market research studies (online surveys, focus groups).
· Researching and preparing case studies, discussion documents and recommendations based on internal and external learnings.
· Developing pre-reading and materials: e.g. for Annual Board Strategy Review
· Preparing internal and external presentations on behalf of CEO
· Supporting business development: writing to external business leaders on behalf of CEO, attending meetings, identifying and briefing potential partners e.g. market research agencies, field sales teams, search firms.
· Supporting CEO’s day to day management and efficiency: preparing briefing notes for meetings, daily actions/follow up’s, technology support.
· Supporting the CEO’s social media activity and other strategic communication activity
· Support ad hoc projects within Checkatrade depending on business needs: in the past this has included supporting the project management & delivery of 25th Anniversary Management Conference, development of the Checkatrade Way etc.
Key role responsibilities - corporate communications:
· Supporting internal communications initiatives directly involving the CEO:
· Introduction of Poppulo, a web-based communications tool to make CEO communications more attractive and engaging, to enable us to monitor their effectiveness and send invitations and personalised emails easily
· Managing events such as "Breakfast with Mike", to help the CEO engage with more junior members of staff and developing Checkatrade's online presence, as well as that of the CEO
· Updating and improving our corporate website and development of online content and channels, notably the LinkedIn presence and managing the CEO’s online presence - LinkedIn, Wikipedia etc
· Intelligent, adaptable, creative and confident
· High work output: able to juggle multiple priorities
· Good judgement and the ability to make sense of ambiguity & complexity
· Strong written and verbal communication skills
· Demonstrable interest in the Checkatrade business & market
· Ambitious with a great attitude (and low ego)
· Interest in digital businesses
- Market Research
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'