Management Accounts / Head of Accounts - Construction
Management Accounts / Head of Accounts
Stanford le Hope, Essex
£35,000 - £40,000
Our client, a reputable and well established organisation based near Stanford le Hope is currently recruiting for an experienced Head of Accounts.
The Management Accounts reports to the Directors and is responsible for, but not limited to, maintaining the company’s day-to-day accounting functions, monthly profit and loss/departmentals, and performing general accounting functions, as required.
- Accounts Receivable, including reviewing sales invoices;
- Accounts Payable including: reconciliation of purchase orders, statement reconciliations;
- Bank reconciliations;
- General ledger maintenance including reconciling all balance sheet accounts, reviewing expense reports for input accuracy and making journal entries as needed;
- Prepare monthly forecast cashflows;
- Follow company administration processes and procedures ensuring internal efficiency;
- Maintain and store financial documents as agreed;
- Processing Payroll with full knowledge of current legislation;
- Processing Now Pensions and submitting to the portal;
- Full HR Duties;
- Daily Cashbook/ Debtors List/Purchase ledger review
- Ensure good communication, resolution of issues and project development; in respect to all financial matters;
- Perform other related duties as may be requested by the Directors.
- Ensure all VAT, PAYE, NI, CIS and other relevant tax reports are submitted correctly and timely;
- Prepare schedules for external accountants to complete corporation tax returns for the company;
- Prepare working papers to support the annual statutory accounts that are prepared by the external accountants and liaison with them;
- Work in partnership with the Directors to lead all forecasting, budgeting, client billing, company accounting and provide monthly reports for the Directors;
- Support Directors to win new business and assist with customers
- Foster a corporate culture that promotes an ethical customer focused attitude and encourages individual integrity;
Infrastructure and systems development
- Assist the Directors with office management and ensure good relations with staff;
- Assist the Directors with the appropriate informationin growing both the infrastructure (IT, networks, software) and systems (Financial, Billing, Accounting & Project Management) to meet the growth demands of the Company;
- Be committed to the continuous improvement of all internal systems to meet the demands of a growing business.
- Advanced Sage Accounts (Sage Line 50) skills with recent experience
- Candidates who have worked within the construction sector would be a major advantage
- Sage payroll
- Work as part of a Team
- Manage and review Accounts Team
- Knowledge of Now Pensions
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"