Management Accountant - Job Ad
Working within a team of 5 you will be supporting the Head of Finance, assisting with the production and timely delivery of month end and reporting. This includes processing journals/invoices, analysing variances against budget and the production of the management accounts. The role is very diverse and includes regulatory reporting and will evolve to incorporate business partnering to support the technical teams drive commercial decisions.
- Undertake standard month end processes including; closing of ledgers, raising sales invoices, processing journals, variance analysis for costs against budget with appropriate commentary and the production of the monthly management accounts.
- Ensure balance sheet control accounts are reconciled each month, investigate imbalances and take corrective action where necessary.
- Work closely with HR to ensure the monthly payroll journal is prepared and posted. Review any variances against budget.
- Assist with the calculation of revenue each month by reviewing the WIP costs and project plans to ensure assumptions are reasonable and consistent.
- Distribute standard MI to stakeholders in a timely manner and provide partnering support to ensure key information is communicated to enable decision making across business units.
- Complete data for the Office of National Statistics adhering to the specified deadlines.
- Complete VAT returns in a timely and accurate manner.
- Support the year end process in the production of the statutory accounts and supporting schedules in preparation for the audit process.
Other key responsibilities
- Support the management of the cash flow and debtor reporting. Issue debt letters or statements as required.
- Provide ad hoc reporting as an when required.
- Calculate cost rates and update this on the IT system annually.
- Support the team at key periods ie during absences or heavy workloads.
- Provide support with the budgeting/forecasting process. Gather key data to understand cost profiles and build the budget templates ready to populate and import into Oracle.
- Part qualified accountant (ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Advanced excel skills including pivot tables, logic formulas and look ups.
- Excellent knowledge of Microsoft packages including Outlook, Word and Powerpoint.
- Good systems knowledge. Experience of Oracle is desirable.
- The ability to present financial information to a non finance audience in a clear concise manner is essential.
- Experience of working within a changing and dynamic finance environment undertaking a broad range of finance tasks and responsibilities.
- Working within a professional services sector is desirable.
- Excellent time management and organisation skills required. The ability to prioritise work is essential.
- Strong communication skills with the ability to communicate at all levels and influence decision making.
- Flexible and adaptable in approach with an enquiring mind to challenge appropriately where necessary.
- Excellent team working ethic to ensure a seamless finance service is provided across the business.
- The ability to use initiative when problem solving demonstrating a logical and consistent approach.
- The ability to demonstrate commercial awareness and business acumen.
Additional Information: The successful candidate will need to be able to work flexibly to meet the needs of the service at busy times, undertaking occasional travel to London.
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'