Maternity cover FTC
Working to support the Finance Manager group, this is an excellent opportunity to get involved in month-ends, budgets and supporting the various business leaders across the firm. This role is aligned to the CBS Service Group (Indirects). It provides an excellent training experience for those who wish to progress to become a Finance Manager.
The CBS Finance Teams consist of a Head of Finance and a number of Finance Managers and Manager Accountants split by CBS function and geography. We work closely with the CBS Function teams.
Your key responsibilities
- Working with the relevant Finance Managers to provide financial support and control for a portfolio of CBS functions. This is likely to include:
- Preparing, reporting, analysing and providing constructive commentary on weekly, monthly and YTD results and performance against Plan.
- Communicating effectively with the FMs and the Business by sharing and interpreting information that will help to improve business performance
- Direct interaction with the CBS Function leaders to ensure that financial controls are being consistently applied and that unusual or weak performance is identified and challenged
- Involvement with the detailed budgeting process
- Look for ways to improve our approach and processes
- Given the varied exposure, the role may entail travel to other EY offices to meet FMs and the relevant CBS teams
- Dealing with ad hoc finance queries
Skills and attributes for success
- Confident and able to build strong relationships at management/partner levels
- Ability to use your own initiative
- Able to challenge and articulate opinions succinctly and persuasively
- Commercial approach and ability to demonstrate clear business understanding
- Relevant financial experience from an accountancy or internal finance function
- Proven analytical skills and strong attention to accuracy and detail
- Ability to manage their own time and to manage the expectations of numerous stakeholders
- Commitment to developing self, desire to make the role their own
- Strong communication skills and ability to communicate financial information across a wide range of users
To qualify for the role you must have
- Ability to apply knowledge or take a fresh perspective to solve complex problems and issues that arise
- Time and project management skills - able to plan and manage time effectively and flex up and down to deal with key priorities.
- Ability to interact well with people at all levels within the firm
- Strong IT skills - Word, Excel, Outlook, SharePoint
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Highly organised with a sound attention to detail and an ability to deliver to deadlines
- Part Qualified Accountant who is actively studying with a view to becoming fully qualified
- Seeking to progress their career to become a Finance Manager
Ideally, you'll also have
- An enthusiastic, can do approach and be a strong team player
- The ability to juggle conflicting demands on time and prioritise effectively
- The ability to pre-empt deadlines and pursue colleagues for relevant information
- A desire to embrace and drive change whilst identifying and supporting process improvements and demonstrating best practice
- Ability to learn new processes and skills quickly
- The ability to work well unsupervised and use initiative where required
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
Not quite what you are looking for? Try these similar searches
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'