One Direct is the property maintenance division of One Housing. We manage and carry out repairs to all of our properties in London ourselves. This approach is allows us to put our customers at the heart of everything we do, ensuring they live in properties they are proud to call home. We are also committed to improve quality with a 'right first time' approach.
We have an opportunity for a Management Accountant to join our team in Suttons Wharf South moving to Camden in October 2019. The Finance Department processes transactions and report on all activity for One Housing Group Limited and all its subsidiaries. The Management Accounting Team produces the monthly management accounts and all associated numerical outputs and schedules needed by the finance business partner team. This role would be suitable for candidates with the right skills and experience who also shares One Direct’s values and will make an active contribution to achieving our vision.
- Share responsibility with the One Direct Finance Business Partner for the delivery of the One Direct Management Accounts in accordance with the Finance Team’s timetable, policies, procedures and regulations
- Ensure the accurate production of all Repairs and Maintenance related transactions in the monthly Management accounts and that they reconcile with the Finance systems, liaising with the Head of Systems and Business Support as necessary.
- Monthly preparation of balance sheet reconciliations.
- Load all approved budgets and forecasts in to the finance system
- Assist in the maintenance and improvement of all financial systems and policies
- Undertake other financial administration as required
- Ensure all accounting entries are processed in an accurate and timely manner
- Ensure accurate monthly management accounts are produced in-line with agreed timeframes
- Support, and work closely with the One Direct finance business partner to provide financial information as required, including financial reports on transactions, ledger reports, and information on individual accounting entries such as accruals, provisions, and other financial data.
- Load the annual budgets in to the finance system
- Update management account forecasts in the finance system as required
- Prepare journals for accrued Revenue, Capital, prepayments and other required entries on a monthly basis.
- Prepare and post monthly salary journals to the General Ledger ensuring transactions are correctly coded.
- Assist with the preparation of year-end statutory accounts and working papers within the agreed time scales in time for the annual external audit.
- Support the production of certificates for funders to ensure they are prepared and audited in accordance with the relevant authority’s request.
- Assist in the delivery of benchmarking data, contributing to the interpretation of the outcomes.
- Keep up to date with Financial Reporting Standards, SORPs, HMRC and other regulatory requirements.
Responsibilities & Skills Required
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'