Reporting to the Financial Controller the Management Accountant is responsible for providing an efficient and accurate processing, budgeting and reporting function for the UK office, Service Charge and project companies of the property group. This role will be responsible for all aspects of the accounting and reporting functions of the UK operations. As a key member of the finance team, the role will also provide services to various departments within the company, group companies and external customers and suppliers.
- To ensure that all routine processing and reporting are completed in an accurate manner to satisfy strict monthly deadlines.
- To provide information and analyses to management for decision making and reporting.
- Any reasonable ad-hoc or routine request.
- Processing/reviewing purchase orders & invoices, including monitoring authorisation process for the UK office, building service charge and project companies.
- Reviewing cheque payments
- Checking accounting transactions onto Excel and Oracle accounting systems
- Monitoring funding requirements and cashflow positions
- Handling queries from head office, other departments and external suppliers
- Reviewing cashbooks and bank reconciliations
- Raising recharge invoices
- Carrying credit control on rental income
- Reviewing expenses claims
- Monitoring operational and capital expenditure
- Managing service charge expenditure
- Preparing monthly management accounts and related schedules within deadlines
- Monthly VAT preparation and reporting as required
- Preparing projected cashflows
- Performing monthly balance sheet reconciliations
- Chasing and following up outstanding receivables
- Raising fee invoices, rental invoices and service charge demand notes
- Preparing quarterly re-forecast
- Preparing quarterly reports and schedules within deadlines
- Preparing annual budgets
- Organising statutory audit, liaise with auditors and answer audit queries
- Preparing tax computations and completing tax returns
- Preparing P11D and PSA calculations
- Cost analysis
- Tax planning
- Systems and methodology designing and enhancing.
- Working within reporting and financial control policies and systems.
- Objectives as outlined by your line manager.
- Has a good understanding of who the customers (internal and external) are.
- Provides excellent customer service and receives good feedback from customers.
- Evaluates customer’s short-term and long-term needs and expectations.
- Actively listens and takes notice of the views of others.
- Is able to communicate confidently regardless of the audience
- Openly encourages the sharing of information, judging when, with whom, and what to communicate, whilst maintaining confidentiality where necessary.
- Influences others who have different interests and objectives.
- Copes well whilst working to tight deadlines and under pressure.
- Is able to think and work independently.
- Is passionate about the role and the company.
- Is able to deal with individuals in an assertive manner and challenges where appropriate.
- Is flexible and committed to the needs of the business.
- Works and co-operate willingly with others offering support and delivering on promises
- Builds and maintains constructive working relationships with all team members, asking for help when appropriate and accepting responsibility for own mistakes
- Demonstrates an open mind, adapting own views and ideas for the good of the team
- Knows where to go and who to ask for information
- Participates in informal conversations and social interactions, keeps in touch with contacts outside of the team
Essential skills, attributes & qualifications
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA
- Proven ability to be confidential at all times
- Extremely methodical, well organised and detail orientated
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Excellent people skills
- Excellent Stakeholder management skills
- High personal integrity
- Microsoft C-Suite
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'