Job type Full time
Location Nottingham - City Centre
Salary Up to £35k + Benefits
- Responsible for all aspects of financial accounting and forecasting including the preparation of accounts, journals, reconciliations, accruals, prepayments, variance analysis and forecasts.
- Day to day supervision of Purchase Ledger Clerk and Finance Assistant.
- To provide a comprehensive and efficient service to the Business Units to ensure that the objectives of the Business Units and the Firm are achieved
- To maintain the firm’s high standards of service and client care to both existing and prospective clients and to promote the professional reputation of the Business Unit and the firm in general
- To contribute to the development of the Business Unit in accordance with firm policy
What you'll be doing day to day:
- To produce monthly management accounts.
- To produce the monthly departmental reporting including Fee Earner statistics & Group reporting
- To finalise the monthly cash flow and cash forecast.
- To assist with the production of the annual statutory accounts
- Monitor and book postings in relation to dividend declarations, the allotment and buyback of shares. Ensuring that any necessary fund transfers are processed.
- Ensure the accuracy of the Management recharges
- To oversee the preparation of the annual tax analysis
- Prepare/Finalise Daily Liquidity Report for review by the Finance Manager.
- To complete quarterly VAT returns.
- To complete annual P11D returns.
- Check and authorise Client and Office payments as and when required.
- To maintain the fixed asset register.
- To assist in the control of payments to suppliers, staff and partners.
- To assist in the conduct of the annual financial audits.
- To produce adhoc Fee Performance.
- To process and supervise the Navision month end and uplift routines.
- To ensure that the deadlines are met across the Finance function through effective supervision.
- To supervise, delegate and if required assist with the main duties of the Finance function.
- To undertake appraisals or have input to appraisals where required.
- To provide wherever possible effective cover for the Finance Manager,
- To provide effective assistance and cover for the payroll function.
- To demonstrate adaptability and flexibility to the Business Unit and the Firm and to undertake any other duties which, from time to time may be allocated.
- To undertake ad hoc work, Projects and financial analysis as required.
- To operate safely in the work place.
- To undertake any specific training courses as identified by HR Department, the Finance Manager or external training provider.
- To undertake mandatory compliance training as required to include equal opportunity and diversity, data protection, confidentiality/security, anti-bribery and anti-money laundering.
- To maintain the high standard of service offered to the firm’s existing clients and to assist in creating and developing the professional reputation of the Business Unit and the Firm.
- To operate the Firm’s quality procedures as specified in the current edition of the Service Standards and the Staff Handbook.
- To be subject to varying degrees of supervision on a day to day basis liaising with the Business Unit Manager and other partners on a regular basis. To work on own initiative. To assist with the supervision and monitoring of staff accountable to you in the department (lines of responsibility and supervision are contained in the departmental working instructions).
The essential experience they are looking for:
- Qualified AAT and/or part qualified ACCA/CIMA - Study support available if part qual
- Experience of accounts production in a SME.
- Working knowledge of accounts production, budgeting and cash forecasting.
- Working knowledge of FRS 102, VAT, PAYE and P11D’s.
- Working knowledge of payroll and Purchase Ledger.
- Good analytical thinker and highly numerate.
- Good interpersonal skills
- Good management and organisational abilities.
- An enquiring mind and a willingness to develop processes.
- Able to remain calm under pressure
- Able to work flexibly when necessary to resolve problems and achieve deadlines.
- Able to communicate to members of senior management.
- Ability to organise and plan work.
- Ability to work as part of a team.
- Good attention to detail.
- The ability to work with tact, discretion and confidentiality.
Desirable experience they are looking for:
- Experience of accounting systems and in particular Navision.
- Knowledge of Corporation, Partnership and Personal Tax.
- Experience of Microsoft Office Suite
What they can offer you…
- Competitive salary
- 25 days holiday + bank holidays
- Employer pension contribution
- Study Support (if required)
- Free fruit daily
- Part Qualified
Bank or payment details should never be provided when applying for a job. For information on how to stay safe in your job search, visit SAFERjobs.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'