- £40,000 - £45,000
- Newcastle Upon Tyne
- Full-time, Permanent
I am recruiting on behalf of an SME who is looking to recruit a Management Accountant. The role purpose is to provide the management accounting services to the business, ensuring that the financial control processes that are in place are fulfilled with focus on cash inflow/outflow, reporting, and risk mitigation. To provide financial analysis for forecasting, budgeting, cost reduction analysis, and reviewing operational performance.
In addition to provide support to the Sales & Operations teams, including accurate information analysis (e.g. actual performance vs. budget and prior year etc.), preparation of operational data/analysis for publication throughout the company.
Key responsibilities and accountabilities:
- Leading the accounting function including the day to day management of the accounts team.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts & report; year-end financial statements (including commentaries);and forecast cash flow positions.
- Manage audit processes and all statutory reporting, including the annual Companies House filings.
- Interpret the company's financial results to the management team and recommend improvement activities to help mitigate risk.
- Controlling income, cash flow and expenditure
- Manage the preparation of the company's annual budget
- Reporting on variances from the established budget, and the understanding/implications of those variances.
- Identify, investigate, and analyse potential operational improvement. As appropriate, based on findings make proposals for operational changes (policy, procedures, processes, etc.)
- Compile key business metrics and report on them to management
- Manage the capital budgeting process, based on constraint analysis and discounted cash flow analysis
- Handle contract renewals for, and day to day requirements of, commercial insurance, credit insurance, private medical, death in service and utilities.
- Manage credit control process ensuring requirements of credit insurance policy are adhered to, and carrying out routine accounting functions such as payroll, AP payment runs, bank reconciliations, journal posting, & daily on line banking.
- Review customer terms and conditions for areas of operational risk and advise sales team accordingly.
- Ad Hoc analysis of financial data as required, and attendance at Board meetings
- Office based with monthly attendance at our Sheffield office, and the occasional attendance at UK based customer premises to support the commercial management of the business.
You will ideally be a qualified accountant with strong stakeholder management skills.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job
"Office Assistant jobs in London"
'Saved search name'