My client, an ambitious, highly profitable and growing business based in North Wales is currently looking to appoint a Management Accountant reporting to the Finance Director. The role will be responsible for the preparation of Management accounts and the effective day to day operations of the Finance Department ensuring that work flows are achieved. The role necessitates the organisation, control and deployment of the team ensuring the department achieves the short, medium and long-term strategy, as well as the planning, management, reporting and analysis objectives. A pro-active and confident approach to improving systems, controls and economies within the company will be key.
- Preparation of management accounts and information pack (fully supported by detailed working papers and full reconciliation processes) on time and in line with the management calendar
- Day to day management of the Finance Department ensuring tasks completed on time and in accordance with the Finance and Management calendar
- Ensure contingency cover and supporting up-to-date workflows/systems documentation
- Organise, develop, identify and implement strategies to enhance performance of the team
- Proactively manage financial control, applying policy where necessary and identifying areas for improvement
- Manage, motivate and develop the finance department
- Escalation of Debtors process
- Develop policies, systems and processes to minimise both risk and cost and to maximise efficiencies
- Attendance and presentation at meetings as and when required and responsibility for establishing good working relationships both internally and externally
- Manage the Direct Debit process
It is essential that candidates are ACA, ACCA, CIMA qualified with previous management experience and the proven ability to report at a senior level. A high level of IT literacy will be required.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job