Our client is looking for a Management Accountant you will work closely with the Partners and be responsible for analysing and reporting on the financial position of the Firm. The company has a number of regional offices, but this role is based in Canterbury.
You will be a qualified accountant (ACCA/ACA or CIMA), with previous experience of working with LLPs/Partnerships, preferably gained from within the legal sector.
You will need to have strong commercial, communication and technical skills, including advanced MS Excel, Sage 50 Accounting and Payroll and familiarity with practice management systems.
The role offers an attractive remuneration package.
- Production of weekly, monthly, quarterly and yearend financial statements and other key performance management information
- Individual performance reports for fee earners, Partners and Directors
- Provide recommendations and advice to Partners’ on the investment of client funds
- Liaising with the Firm’s external accounting advisers
- Liaising with Bank Managers
- Reconciliation of partners’ motor accounts
- Update and maintenance of partners’ yearly tax
- Apportionment of fees for Partners and Consultants
- Preparation of the Partners’ monthly and annual Drawings
- Providing back up as necessary for the running of monthly Payroll
- Providing back up as necessary for day-to-day accounts processing
- Assist with fee earner performance management including time recording and preparation of quarterly and annual balanced scorecards
- Producing business forecasts and budgets including the Firm’s annual budget in conjunction with the partners
- Cash flow management
- VAT Returns
- Providing advice and support to the COFA
- Performance variance analysis
- Assist with the implementation of the new Practice Management System (P4W)
- Development, management and administration of the Accounting and Reporting functions of the Practice Management System (administration of Tables) etc.;
Previous relevant experience of working in a legal environment and/or LLP
Previous experience of working with a practice management system
In return you will offered an attractive remuneration package, with excellent benefits.
- Account Management