BMC Recruitment Group are delighted to be working with one of the North East’s most recognisable service-based organisations with the recruitment of a Management Accountant, to join their finance team on a permanent basis.
This is an exciting time to join the business, with the successful candidate working as part of a reputable finance department. Applicants should be fully qualified or actively studying, and will have a strong career to date, with a track record of financial reporting.
There’s a competitive salary and benefits package on offer, with this role being based in the Newcastle upon Tyne area.
- Divisional P&L management including forecasting & budgeting
- Cost reviews, including accruals and prepayments
- Ownership of balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintenance of a clean general ledger with appropriate support for journal posted and reconciliations.
- Building effective relationships with key stakeholders and departments to facilitate accurate accounting.
- Contributing to the strategic development to communicate and implement improved working methods and technologies within divisions and the wider business where necessary
- Monitor business performance and ensure the provision of accurate, timely and easy to understand financial information and date
- Provide advice and guidance to managers within the business to enable them to improve and maximise their performance
- To identify & deliver improvements in key processes and ensure procedure notes are up to date and relevant.
- Production of adhoc MI as requested by the business
- Other duties and projects when necessary
- Qualified Accountant (ACA, ACCA or CIMA). Applicants who are actively studying will also be considered, with full study support available if necessary
- Experience of working in a similar management accounting role is essential
- Analytical with a proactive mind-set, ability to interpret complex data
- Strong communication skills (written / verbal)
- Proficiency with IT. Working knowledge of Microsoft Excel would be preferred
- Financial Analysis
- Management Accounting
- Microsoft Excel
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job