Large service organisation based North of the Tyne
- P&L management - including forecasting & budgeting.
- In-depth cost reviews, including accruals and prepayments and calculation of income based on operational data.
- Ownership of balance sheet reconciliations
- Maintenance of a clean general ledger with appropriate support for journal posted and reconciliations.
- Building effective relationships with the finance centre to facilitate accurate accounting.
- To contribute to the strategic development of finance and communicate and implement improved working methods and technologies within department and the business where necessary
- Monitor business performance and ensure the provision of accurate, timely and easy to understand information
- Provide financial advice and guidance to managers within the business to enable them to improve and maximise their performance
- To identify & deliver improvements in key accounting processes and ensure procedure notes are up to date and relevant.
- Production of adhoc MI analysis as requested by the business
- Qualified/part qualified accountant
- Previous experience of working in a management accountant role
- Experience of exporting data to excel for analysis
- Previous experience of dealing directly with operational (non-finance) personnel