We are seeking a fantastic Management Accountant for a company that supports a great cause in Central London.
This role will be reporting to the Head of Finance and Operations
Purpose of this role;
To support the Head of Finance and Operations in running efficient and effective capital accounting, financial accounting, management accounting, financial management and financial reporting processes in relation to managed properties. To maintain a close working relationship with finance, operations, property, facilities and HR staff and external property management companies as required.
Brief overview of the role;
- Ensure the efficiency, regularity and timeliness of results and deadlines relating to all financial aspects of the property portfolio.
- Ensure robust financial systems, procedures and controls are in place, properly documented, regularly reviewed and efficiently used.
- Develop and maintain a monthly cash flow projection and analysis process
- Ensure budgets and financial reports relating to the property portfolio are robust and meet requirements.
- Support the preparation of the statutory financial statements and supporting working papers.
- Generate financial analysis, back-up papers and reports and produce effective synthesis for management decision-making, board submissions and other reporting requirements
- Contribute to all audits and statutory compliance in line with UK regulations and compliance requirements
- Prepare audit schedules; attend to external auditors for the annual financial audits.
- Manage and oversee internal financial control policies and procedures related to managed properties to ensure compliance
- Assist the Head of Finance and Operations and property committees in their financial accountability and reporting requirements
You will need to be;
- Qualified accountant: ACA, ACCA, CIMA or CIPFA with solid relevant experience. (This is a must)
- Experienced in project budgeting and accounting including cost recovery modelling, cash flow management and reporting. Good interpersonal, customer care and liaison skills with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Up to date applied knowledge of management accounting issues.
- Experience of managing internal cost recharges and allocations.
- First rate communication and presentation skills, both verbal and written.
- Good interpersonal, customer care and liaison skills with a wide range of stakeholders.
- Experience of charity accounting, VAT and knowledge of auditing.
- An interest in the Not for Profit sector.
- Experience within Property/Housing would be advantageous
- Capital Accounting
- Financial Analysis
- Financial Reporting
- Management Accountant
- Property Management