key role in the finance function to help support investment portfolio growth and assist with the review and integration of new investment opportunities.
My client manages a diverse portfolio of investments on behalf of a family investment fund. The Group started its origins supporting the growth of multi-channel retail operations through the provision of dedicated IT development and hosting resource before investing directly in a number of retail operations. Although this theme still runs through the Group investments, today the Group supports a variety of businesses.
The main objective of the role is to oversee the management accounting and daily reporting of a number of dedicated subsidiaries as well as assist with the Group monthly reporting and Year End Statutory Account Preparation. There is also an opportunity to be involved in new investment appraisal, deal negotiation and subsequent integration.
Specific responsibilities of this role are:
Day to day financial reporting and book keeping for a number of dedicated subsidiaries
Prepare reports, budgets and financial statements
Prepare group monthly reporting packs and annual forecasting
Oversee financial administration for the Group
Prepare and reconcile quarterly VAT returns
Prepare tax packs and liaise with external advisors to finalise these
Prepare and monitor project costings, cash flows and forecasting
Liaise with management and other team members
Assist other members of the team as required, particularly during periods requiring team holiday cover
Develop and manage financial systems and Company Policies
Investigate new business and investment opportunities
Assist Management with investment appraisal and deal negotiations
Attributes, Qualification and Skills:
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified
- Knowledge of SAGE 200 preferred (training will be given so not critical)
- Ability to work as part of a small team but also a team player
- Accuracy and eye for detail
- Strong numerical and analytical skills and producing appropriately presented financial analysis
- Good interpersonal and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Proficient in Microsoft Office (Excel, Powerpoint, etc)
- Ability to work independently and on a range of projects at the same time
- Respectful of confidentiality
This role will pay a very good basic salary as well as a good pension. They also offer free on-site parking.