Our client is about to finish their financial year in an extremely strong position and as a result; are looking to add a Management Accountant to their stable team.
Reporting to the Senior Finance Manager, your role will be key in providing departmental analysis and financial management for your own division of this National business. An overview of duties within your remit includes:
- Accounting of all divisional costs within the Cost Centre
- Providing commentary to the FM for inclusion in month end pack
- Provide management information, reporting and analysis on Central costs, providing details of monthly variances to budget (year on year etc)
- Create and maintain a summary of incurred departmental costs, providing meaningful insight and commentary
- Forecasting, reforecasting and creation of the annual central budget for the costs centre
- Prepare all cost centre balance sheet reconciliations on a monthly basis and ensure any discrepancies are
investigated and resolved
- Ensuring costs are charged to the correct cost centres/divisions
- Liaise and work closely with the costings team to use in monthly budget holder meetings
This role is a strong mix of both commercial and analytical and would suit those with budding accountants looking for the next step within their commercial accounting career and looking to finish their studies with a large Nationwide brand. You will be a strong excel user in order to manipulate and present data to seniors and non-finance stakeholders when necessary and be comfortable presenting in a senior forum.
This is a unique, newly created opportunity to join a large business in a period of real growth. They are fast becoming one of the regions success stories and they pride themselves on their ability to maintain and build a strong workforce during what has been a competitive period. Employees enjoy a positive work life balance and the team have created a strong unrivalled internal culture of support and success. If you are a qualified accountant or nearing qualification and you are ready to discuss the next step in your career then do get in touch to discuss.