Working within a fast-paced and entrepreneurial retail environment, this role is responsible for financial accounting and reporting, managing the external audit and statutory financial statement process, enhancing the financial reporting internal control environment, and implementing process improvements to establish efficient reporting.
The Management Accountant’s main responsibilities are to ensure that accurate month end information and the balance sheet reconciliations are produced for two entities.
- Ensure that all Sales & Purchase Invoices have been posted correctly on Sage with the correct VAT especially for Margin Scheme Sales.
- Ensure all Purchase Invoices, Petty Cash Expenses and Credit Cards have been posted and reconciled onto Sage.
- Ensure all Banks have been posted and reconciled onto Sage and any queries resolved.
- Ensure weekly cashflow is up to date with all Outstanding Invoices and Outstanding Debtors.
- Weekly Payments done accurately.
- Monthly Sales Reports are produced in an accurate and timely fashion.
- Calculating Mark-ups for each Studio Project Monthly.
- Raising Monthly Sales Invoices for Studio Projects.
- Ensuring Wages Journals are posted Monthly.
- Quarterly Management Accounts To be Produced Accurately and Timely in line with Board Meeting Dates.
- Quarterly VAT returns to be checked ready for submission.
- Dealing with Supplier, Customer, In-house queries on an ad-hoc basis.
- Dealing with people within all levels within the organisation and externally in a polite and timely manner.
- Liaising and reporting to the Management Director daily.
- Managing the Assistant Accountant to ensure all tasks are completed accurately and in a timely way.
- Dealing with various internal systems for Both entities.
- Good working knowledge of Excel including V Lookups and Pivot Tables.
- Flexible working approach with a can-do attitude is key.