We’re a global marine engineering services provider based in Hammersmith, London. And this is an exciting opportunity for an experienced management accountant to join as Group Management Accountant.
The role requires performing effective risk management and plan the organization’s financial strategy. As a group management accountant, you must be well-versed in all aspects of financial management ranging from simple accounting to broad investment and banking operations.
This is a hands-on role where you will gain exposure to the commercial aspect of accounting in a global organisation. You will be reporting to a highly supportive senior management team and the group CEO. You will be managing a team of 2-3 accountant/bookkeepers across all offices.
- Part qualified by experience or ACCA finalist or recently qualified CIMA / ACCA / ACA accountant with at least 2-3 years' work experience within a growing multi-site SME business
- An excellent leader and team player
- Drive the company’s financial planning
- Perform risk management by analysing the organization’s liabilities and investments
- Decide on investment strategies by considering cash and liquidity risks
- Plan and implement financial strategies and funding initiatives
- Develop strong relationships with existing and new finance providers and investors.
- Control and evaluate the organization’s fundraising plans and capital structure
- Ensure cash flow is appropriate for the organization’s operations
- Supervise all accounting personnel (bookkeepers, accountants etc)
- Manage vendor relationships
- Prepare reliable management accounts - current and forecasting reports
- Oversee the company’s finance IT system - Xero
- Ensure compliance with the law and company’s policies
- Production of detailed monthly management accounts against budgets and information for internal stakeholders, senior management and external stakeholders.
- Prepare year end reports for all offices and audit support
- Prepare cash flow forecast for rolling 3 months
- Financial planning and management of bank lines and other credit facilities
- Analysing company financial needs and actively evaluating new facilities / arrangements.
- Identifying areas for accounts reporting & process improvement
- Proven experience as Management Accountant, finance officer or relevant role
- Ability to work on own initiative, decisively and contribute to key business decisions
- Strong experience in producing detailed analysis reports, data analysis and forecasting
- Knowledge of Xero accounting software would be advantageous
- Proficient in the use of MS Office and financial management software
- Strong leadership, organizational, communication and people skills
- BSc/BA in Accounting, Finance or relevant field or MSc/MBA is not essential but would be a plus
- Private medical insurance with dental allowance
- 25 days’ holidays per annum
- Subsidised gym membership
- Unlimited tea, coffee and biscuits
- Great multicultural team from all over the world
- An ambitious company where there are always opportunities to grab something and make it your own
- An amazing opportunity to take on a role that you will be managing by yourself and your team, learn a lot, develop new ideas and evolve in a friendly environment
Please apply only if you have sufficient knowledge, work experience and are comfortable working in a fast-paced and commercial environment.
- Financial Management
- Financial Strategy
- Management Accountant
- Management Accounts
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job