Heyland Recruitment are currently working alongside this market leading services organisation in their search for a dynamic and diligent Management Accountant to play a key role within their core finance team with a particular remit to improve existing processes and implement new procedures in order to improve the overall running of the finance function.
* Work with existing management accountants across the business to understand current approach to establishing and posting month end non PO accruals. Use understanding to design and implement standardised, efficient and effective Group-wide processes that enable reporting of complete and accurate external spend on a service by service / cost centre by cost centre basis.
* Accounting and reconciliations
* Responsibility for all External spend elements of the P&L and balance sheets
* Responsible for the timely delivery of informative and reliable reports in both Profit and Loss Account and Balance sheet to aid the Financial Analysts in their work to support driving performance and for the use in monthly management accounts for inclusion in consolidated pack
* Ownership of posting of all external cost accruals.
* Ensure risks to cashflow are highlighted early
* Preparation of monthly external costs associated balance sheet reconciliations, including detailed support for reconciled items, driving remediation activities on a timely basis for unreconciled accounts, and appropriate escalation of financial risks identified during process to help resolve key financial issues.
* Provide ad hoc reports to key stakeholders as required (Head of Finance, Heads of Operations, Service Managers, Exec team).
* Support production of year end packs by Financial Analysts and to allow completion of statutory accounts & tax calculations by the Finance Control Team.
* Responsible for the exit of contracts, ensuring accurate P&L reporting, and winding down of balance sheet balances etc before contract end dates.
* Close working relationship with the Finance Control Team, specifically around:
* Highlighting cash flow risks/opportunities
* Requesting invoices
* Credit control
* Other responsibilities to be agreed individually
Required Attributes / Experience
* Qualified / part qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA
* Positive attitude and ability to work in a team
* Advanced Microsoft Excel user
* Fully IT literate, able to adopt new systems with ease
* Ability to prioritise and work under pressure of tight deadlines
* Ability to work in a dynamic reporting environment and adapt to change
* Confidence to challenge operational management when appropriate
* Ability to build strong relationships across all levels
* Experience of accounts preparation from TB to final accounts
* Driving license and access to car
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job