The SF Group are currently recruiting for a Management Accountant position for a successful global service business in Nottingham - contract length up to 12 months
Manage day-to-day accounting activities in accordance with the organization's accounting policies and procedures for a subsidiary of the business. To support the Finance Manager in coordinating and monitoring the financial resources of the Finance Department so that departments and Head Office are supplied with necessary and timely financial information as they require, to help them perform their functions effectively. Specifically, to ensure that the service departments are provided with relevant financial support and information through the development of close working relationships with FP&A partners and key departmental managers enabling them to make operational and strategic decisions and to manage the business efficiently and effectively.
- Management and ownership of key finance processes, including reporting performance and posting month end journals
- Prepare the monthly accruals and prepayments to ensure the profit & loss account reflects a true and fair view
- Take responsibility for key balance sheet accounts, ensuring reconciliations are undertaken on a monthly basis
- Provide pro-active support to the Finance Manager on month end issues and producing key analysis schedules
- Assist in the preparation of the monthly accounts, ensuring that these show a true and accurate view
- To provide support to the Finance Manager as required in the preparation of statutory financial accounts, assistance in both internal and external financial audits and compliance reviews
- Assist relevant FP&A Business Partners in budget and forecast preparation as required
- To respond to requests for information received liaising with colleagues and the Finance Manger where appropriate
- Ad hoc reporting and investigations as and when required
- To actively pursue the enhancement of knowledge with regards to business areas by participating in appropriate training and shadowing arrangements
- Visiting satellite offices as and when required to provide financial support
- To undertake any other ad hoc duties as and when required to meet the varying demands of the business and satisfy customer needs
If this is the role for you please apply for immediate consideration. Our client is seeking a candidate who is able to start as soon as possible.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job