Job title: Management Accountant
Annual salary: £35k to £40k
Location: North Bristol
Reporting to: Managing Director
Hours: Full time (with flexibility if required)
About our Client
Out client is a prominent and respected commercial interior design firm with a team that’s passionate about delivering inspiring and efficient workplaces that empower staff and boost businesses’ growth. With an agile working mindset, they would be happy to consider a candidate who needs to fit a full time role around family commitments.
They are now looking to appoint an ambitious qualified accountant who will be comfortable rolling their sleeves up as well as liaising across the business to ensure that the management accounts reflect an accurate position of the various on-going projects.
This is an exciting role for an outgoing, hands-on individual who has is technically very strong and has a good understanding of WIP, accrued and deferred income.
Specifically, the role will include:
- Preparation of monthly management accounts;
- WIP management & reporting,
- Contract analysis & providing commercial support to the MD;
- Managing a junior accounts assistant;
- Oversee Purchase & Sales ledger, including credit control;
- Financial planning and analysis including variance analysis;
- Weekly and monthly reporting on sales, profit and cashflow;
- Cashflow forecasting;
- Developing the processes and controls.
- ACA, ACCA or CIMA qualified (part/newly qualified or QBE will be considered);
- WIP experience is preferred;
- Experience in an SME business or readiness to operate within an SME;
- Strong influencing and communication skills;
- Excellent Excel and IT system skills (preferably with knowledge of Sage);
- Desire to engage with all functions across the business;
- Hands-on approach and well organized with excellent attention to detail;
- Experience in the construction industry an advantage.