Our client based in Kettering are seeking a Finance Manager to join their team in this newly created role. The business has been operating in Kettering for 30 years and is still a family run business.
Overall Purpose Role:
To produce of the company Management Accounts and to supervise and organise the finance department to ensure deadlines are achieved.
9 members of the finance team
- Production of the monthly management accounts with the assistance of the Accounts Team
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Liaise with the Company’s Auditors and manage the year-end Audit process.
- Ensure the month end procedures are completed within the agreed timescales.
- Ensure statutory returns are completed as required.
- Organise the finance team operations and procedures.
- Develop and monitor the team’s objectives and performance.
- Assist and be a mentor to the other members of the finance team.
- Liaise with other departments of the business to improve efficiencies and develop reporting requirements.
- Other ad hoc analysis as required by the Finance Director.
Behaviours, skills and experience:
- Hold the ACCA or CIMA qualification.
- Management accounts production experience within a commercial environment.
- Knowledge of payroll.
- Analytical experience.
- Experience of using Sage is desirable but advantageous.
- Must be proficient using Microsoft Office packages.
- Confidence in liaising with departmental stakeholders.
- Management experience.
- Internal and external relationship builder with excellent communication skills.
- Team player who upholds the company values.
- Management Accountant