Key Responsibilities Include:
- Producing financial statements including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, monthly management accounts, variance analysis and commentaries.
- On-going reporting and analysis of weekly cash position and providing a 13 week forecast.
- Management of Accounts personnel, including day to day communication and motivation, and performance management.
- Invoice Discounting System - Ownership of relationship with bank and responsible for day to day contact with provider.
- Statutory Reporting - Calculation and preparation of Quarterly VAT Returns and Monthly EC Sales lists & Intrastat Returns for review by FD
- Responsibility for Payroll function and Pension Uploads
- Credit Control - Maintenance of the sales ledger and any overdue amounts, escalating any concerns to the FD as soon as identified.
- Overall responsibility for maintenance of all Ledgers and Cashbooks to ensure they are kept clean, tidy and reconciled, including dealing with any queries.
Previous recent experience in an Assistant Accountant/Management Accountant role
Excellent IT skills including intermediate Excel (V-Lookups)
Previous experience of using Sage 200 is desirable but not essential
- Effective Communication – able to clearly and effectively communicate across the business and with suppliers/customers
- Time management – uses time effectively; the ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks to ensure critical deadlines are met
- Problem solving / decision making – able to define and solve problems in a timely manner
- Adaptability / flexibility (steadiness under pressure) – able to work under pressure and to deadlines
- Building Relationships – able to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders
Reed Specialist Recruitment Limited is an employment agency and employment business
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job