This highly successful manufacturing business has recently completed a significant inward investment programme to support further growth. With a state of the art production facility utilising the latest technology they are now aiming to achieve £200m turnover in the next few years. A new role has arisen for a Management Accountant to support the busy Financial Controller who is looking to delegate work to free up time for urgent projects. This role would therefore be an excellent opportunity for a finalist / newly qualified accountant to gain vital experience. Duties will include:
- Preparation of the monthly management accounts
- Supporting the preparation of budgets and forecasts
- Fixed asset register and stock control
- Finished goods and raw materials reporting
- Control accounts and reconciliation
- Assisting with the preparation of statutory accounts and tax packs, VAT and annual returns.
The position requires someone ambitious and able to evolve into a role and cope with ad hoc requests from the directors. The finance department needs some modernisation to cope with recent rapid growth and so there is plenty of scope for you to have input into new internal systems and reporting processes. Strong Excel skills and the ability to problem solve is therefore essential. Please apply now for immediate consideration for this Management Accountant role in the Darwen / Blackburn area.