This is a pivotal role within the finance team which includes significant exposure to the Group FC, Commercial Finance Director and CFO and opportunities for future progression and development
My client operate within the creative sector and are a tremendously well-known organisation in Bath. They have a high quality finance function and are looking to add a top-calibre, commercially-minded Management Accountant to their team.
Working within the management accounts team to prepare and provide financial information for commercial Managing Directors and senior management the primarily focuses on monthly reporting, but will include various ad hoc projects. You will possess well developed excel and skills and; reporting directly to the Group Finance Manager and be responsible for reviewing and improving process improvements in your area
- Lead accounting for specific division and revenues across the Group
- Review a portfolio of divisional financial reports.
- Attend financial review meetings with commercial Managing Directors, senior managers and other executive board members.
- Provide ad hoc information to commercial and operational managers as required.
- Review, collate and distribute monthly internal management reports.
- Review and preparation of balance sheet reconciliations and journal postings to ensure accuracy of monthly results
- Document procedures and identify and refine potential system and reporting improvements.
- Preparation and review of half-year and year-end group reporting packs and supporting schedules.
- Line management of Assistant Management Accountant
- Prepare VAT returns for submission to HMRC
Essential skills and experience
- Preferred candidate would be from an industry background with relevant CIMA qualification or equivalent with 4-5 years+ experience.
- Ability to work with non-financial commercial managers to resolve accounting queries.
- High attention to detail, self-motivating and ability to use initiative and ability to work effectively as part of team strong time management to meet tight reporting deadlines.
- Good written and oral communications skills - comfortable explaining financial concepts to non-financial managers.
- Enthusiastic, 'can-do' personality who wants to develop themselves and their career.
- Strong Excel skills and quick to pick up a variety of reporting packages.
This role will pay a competitive basic salary of up to £42,000. Most importantly, opportunities for progression will be rapid and plentiful.
- business partner