My client is a UK based owner and operator of a growing fleet of product and chemical tankers. The company runs a fleet of tankers focusing on the clean petroleum products trade in West Africa, as well as a number of tankers trading in the international markets. We provide our clients with secure, efficient, cost effective and flexible transportation of refined petroleum products and vegetable oils.
The fleet accountant will take on the responsibility of maintaining accounting records for a number of vessel owning entities within the group.
This role provides an exceptional opportunity for an individual to be part of a dynamic, fast paced and rapidly growing group.
Reports to - Group Chief Accountant (London)
- Maintaining accounting records for a number of UK, including the following:
- month end journals including prepayments, accruals, depreciation etc.
- posting sale and purchase invoices;
- processing and reconciling vessel manager reports;
- processing cash transactions;
- weekly bank reconciliations;
- Maintaining a summary of group loans;
- Sending opex data to the technical management team;
- Reconciling KPIs to the voyage management system each week and investigating differences;
- Preparing weekly summary of outstanding debts and liaising with the commercial and operations team to chase;
- Producing timely and accurate monthly management accounts pack for all the entities that he/she is responsible for;
- Preparing documentation and working files for auditors.
- Accounting experience;
- Shipping experiencel
- Strong Excel and analytical skills;
- Demonstrates willingness to take ownership and accountability;
- Strong interpersonal skills with good written and oral communication
- Ability to prioritize workloads to meet deadlines
- Good organization skills, systematic and process driven
- Experience of SUN
- Management Accounts
- Variance Reports
- Accruals and Prepayments
- CIMA ACCA AAT