Management Accountant - to £38k - fantastic career opportunity - Birmingham
Gleeson Recruitment Group is partnering with a large, well-established business based near Erdington in Birmingham, to appoint a Management Accountant on a permanent basis. Working with customers that span the globe, this organisation is remains on a very encouraging growth curve across a number of high-tech markets.
Responsible for the management accounting function of one of their divisions, this is a highly-visible role for a part or newly-qualified accountant, who has a strong interest in a career path to become a Financial Controller, and potentially beyond.
This is a great opportunity to join one of the area's best-known businesses. The role will hold responsibility for high-quality management accounting output and supporting various other functions across the division, providing critical business performance reporting and analysis to assist with future growth and strategic project development.
Principle areas of responsibility are as follows:
- Production of monthly financial reports for senior management and Group
- Delivering robust financial forecasts
- Preparation & review of cost of sales analysis
- Partnering with operational stakeholders to ensure pricing, margin and tendering information is valid and commercially-viable
- Preparation of cash flow, budgeting and KPI information
- Assisting in the preparation of statutory accounts and audit packs
- Playing a key role in the monthly period end close including review of P&L, Balance Sheet reconciliations and production of management accounts
- Supporting the team to provide ad hoc analysis and commercially focused information
- Contributing ideas and insightful recommendations for process improvement and actively driving these forward
- Offering analytical support to strategic projects and capital investment programmes
Skills and Experience
- ACA/CA/CIMA/ACCA part/newly qualified, ideally with strong exposure to a complex organisation that operates within a Group environment
- A high level of comfort interacting with all levels of stakeholders, both within the business, and externally
- Strong awareness of management accounting procedures and reporting standards
- Strong data analysis skills
- High level of attention to detail
- Highly-developed verbal, interpersonal, and written communication skills
- Excellent time management skills, with an ability to work in an environment with tight deadlines
This is a fantastic opportunity for an ambitious individual to join a great business offering a genuine, mentored career path. This role will pay £32,000-38,000 per annum (+ study support if relevant) depending on experience. For further information, please call Jo Payne on , or apply using the link.
- part qualified accountant. Management accounts. Financial Analysis