Simpson Judge are recruiting on behalf of Market Leader who are looking to recruit a Part-Qualified Management Accountant. The position will be based in Manchester with a minimal travel requirement to contract location when necessary.
Responsible for the provision and interpretation of financial/management information to support and inform the local management team. This includes assisting with the completion of month end procedures and the completion of monthly management accounts as well as preparation of monthly rolling forecasts and Annual Business Plans.
- Assist in preparation of management accounts through to trial balance.
- Assist in preparation of monthly profit and loss account, balance sheet and cash flow.
- Liaison with parents on inter-company balances and invoicing.
- Liaison with processing teams to ensure timely and effective processing of transactions on the financial system.
- Support commercial teams by proactive engagement in the management of key contract balances including WIP, payments on account and cost accruals.
- Work with contract commercial and operational management to drive contract performance improvement.
- Maintenance of accounting system via journal entries and Balance Sheet Reconciliations.
- Any other ad-hoc duties as required.
Competencies / Requirements
- Part-Qualified Accountant - CIMA/ACCA/ACA.
- Must hold a full UK driving licence.
- Strong understanding of Microsoft Excel and computerised accounting systems.
- Excellent communicator both verbal and written and a strong contributor in meetings.
- Exercises sound judgement and adds value through challenge where appropriate.
- Has personal drive and commitment to delivery of results.
- Demonstrates analytical, creative and proactive thinking.
- Technically competent and well versed in financial disciplines (Working Capital, Accruals etc.).
- Ideally has experience in either the Construction, Highways Maintenance or Utilities Industries.
You will be offered a competitive starting salary, study support and the opportunity to join a thriving business with huge progression potential.
- Accounting System
- Management Accountant
- Management Accounts
- Microsoft Excel