Robert Walters are currently working with a forward thinking organisation to set up their Finance Shared Service Centre (SCC) in Warrington.
As a result, we are looking for driven, ambitious and experienced financial accountants with strong commercial acumen to join the business at this very exciting time.
Responsibilities for this role will include:
- Preparing and maintaining accounting ledgers, management accounts, journals and associated supporting documents, schedules, and reports, and analyses as appropriate.
- Maintaining a complete, accurate and up to date fixed asset register and responsible for managing a physical asset verification process at least annually.
- Reconciling Balance Sheet, Profit and Loss and Bank accounts as per the Balance Sheet Reconciliation process.
- Support routine and special requests for reports or analysis for internal groups, external auditors, end of project/completion audits by customers, affiliated companies and regulatory agencies.
- Support the group audit and compliance programme.
- Provide analysis, data and explanations as requested for the statutory and regulatory financial reporting.
- Seek ways to improve efficiency, effectiveness and processes in the RTR area.
- Complete ad-hoc tasks as required.
- Qualified ACCA/ACA/CIMA or overseas equivalent
- Experience in RTR and SSC
- In-depth knowledge of General Ledger processes
- Good analytical skills and sound judgement
- Exposure to VAT returns, PSA returns and completing corporation tax packs
- Experience of accounting for joint arrangements/ventures
- Practical working knowledge of Project Accounting - depending individual's role/tasks
- Worked in a large organisation of a similar size and structure
If you feel that you have the skills and experience for this role then please do apply. Alternatively, if you want to discuss the role, give me a call on or send an email to
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job