Your next challenge:
Nigel Wright Recruitment are delighted to be working exclusively with a well known business in the Teesside area who are seeking to recruit a newly qualified/passed finalist Management Accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA). This is a fantastic opportunity for a highly motivated individual to join a growing organisation who are passionate for continuous improvement and striving to take the business to the next level.
Reporting into the Financial Controller, the successful candidate will be passionate about creating a culture of operational and customer excellence.
Duties and responsibilities will include:
- Month end processes to ensure timely and accurate financial reporting, including month-end journals, analysis of accruals/pre-payments and financial reporting.
- Working closely with branch and other support centre staff to investigate, understand and resolve variances to budget and month end queries.
- Ownership of mid-month P&L forecast calls with branches.
- Participating in annual budget processes and forecasting.
- Balance sheet reconciliations.
- Cash forecasting and management of borrowing facility.
- VAT returns and EC Sales listing.
- Participating in annual audit and involvement in preparation of statutory accounts.
- Conduct stock counts.
- Contributing to internal audit processes to maintain SOX compliance.
- Deputise for the Financial Controller as necessary.
As the ideal candidate, you will:
- Previous experience in a similar role would be advantageous.
- Finalist or newly qualified professional (ACA, ACCA, CIMA or equivalent).
- Educated to a degree level.
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent analytical and presentation skills.
- Confident presenter who is able to clearly communicate with both Branch and Support Centre departments.
- Experience in SAP and advanced Excel skills (Pivots, V-Look-ups, SUM IFs etc)