Management Accountant upto £40 k based in Kings Langley
My clients based in Kings Langley are seeking a Management Accountant on a permanent basis.
This is a new role due to growth, with new assets coming on board in September / October. This role is planned now in readiness for that time.
Reporting to the Finance Manager of the business unit, the Management Accountant will be responsible for the financial compliance of a number of legal entities (operating assets) under their perimeter, with regular reporting to internal and external clients.
The Asset Management & Operations department looks after the UK and Ireland. Within this department, the finance team is in charge of commercial, financial and statutory compliance to lenders and asset owners (internal and third party), and provides back office support to the wider Asset Management & Operations team.
- Preparation of periodic financial reporting and analysis packages for internal and external clients on a timely and accurate basis
- Management, production and delivery of financial forecasts, budgets and cash flow projections by liaising with asset managers and clients for entities in own perimeter
- Preparation and submission of periodic VAT returns for entities in own perimeter
- Manage the year-end audit and statutory accounts preparation process for a number of legal entities based in the UK and Republic of Ireland, liaising with external auditors and tax advisors
- In charge of preparing statutory accounts for SPV companies in IFRS, FRS 102 or FRS 101, including consolidated sets of accounts
- Assist in the annual budgeting process and quarterly forecasts
- Supporting continuous improvements to accounting and reporting processes together with the wider Finance and ERP Development teams
- Supporting regular queries from the operational business
- Executing additional tasks to meet changing business needs and departmental objectives
- Strong accounting knowledge
- FRS 102
- Understanding of both management and statutory accounting
- Strong Microsoft Excel and accountancy systems skills
- Attention to detail
- Proactive, 'can do' attitude, with a focus on continuous improvement of reporting and analysis
- Good communication skills and the confidence and credibility to communicate to external parties
- A team player but with the discipline to work autonomously
- Ability to prioritise and manage multiple tasks and deadlines
- Good problem solving skills
- Ability to articulate financial information to non-finance specialists
- Experience of monthly, quarterly and annual management accounting routines within a commercial organization
- Sound experience of using an ERP system (use of Agresso a distinct advantage but not essential)
- Experience in communicating with non-financial internal stakeholders
- Preparation of statutory financial statements
- Part qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA)
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job