Leading global manufacturing company require a Management Account to join it team in Barton under Needwood Reporting to the Financial Controller, the Management Accountant (Investments) is an integral part of the Finance team involved in preparing timely and accurate financial information. Prime responsibility is currently for recording the cost of fixed assets (both tangible and intangible), forecasting and tracking existing fixed assets, recording depreciation/amortisation and accounting for disposals. The opportunity exists for future job rotation within the management accounts team. Management Accountant duties include:
• Track company expenditures for fixed assets in comparison to the capital budget and management authorisations.
• Assist in long range planning and short term forecast preparation with overall responsibility for investments
• Assist in the preparation of capital expenditure requests (investment proposals) Liaise with Project Managers on new programs in development phases to ensure accurate reporting of tooling and development costs.
• Track project costs in the fixed asset and tooling accounts and close out those accounts once the related projects have been completed.
• Responsible for month end reporting of fixed assets (tangible and intangible) includes journal posting and report creation.
• Conduct impairment reviews for intangible fixed assets (mainly development costs).
• Record fixed asset acquisitions and disposals in the accounting system
• Reconcile the balance in the fixed asset sub ledger to the general ledger accounts.
• Calculate depreciation for all fixed assets.
• Review and update the detailed schedule of fixed assets
- Fixed Asset