MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTANT - SPALDING - upto £45K + BENEFITS
Benjamin Edwards are recruiting for a newly created role that will become an integral part of a friendly and effective Finance function.
The business has exciting growth plans and this role will be central to the understanding and evaluation of the gross margin performance, commercial decision making and development of the business. Costing will also be an integral part of this role. The Management Accountant will have commercial curiosity and interest in driving the business forward.
You will be working closely with the business, focusing on the delivery of our gross margin reporting, analysis and insight. The role requires partnering with the business to support and challenge them in ensuring we operate efficiently and effectively, closely monitoring the underlying drivers of the business.
This position will be exciting, fast-paced and varied so you will need to be able to turn your hand to a number of activities. These duties will include:
- Support the Financial Controller in preparing and challenging regular budgets and re forecasts.
- Prepare robust financial analysis to challenge business performance and assess key business risks.
- Proactively work with stakeholders in the wider business to ensure targets are met, modelling assumptions are accurate, and variances are well understood.
- Work to develop an effective feedback loop of information between Finance and the wider business
- Producing standard costings and costing revisions for new products
- Analysis of labour data for new products
- Supporting the commercial team with costing reviews
- Understanding and challenging data sources and assumptions to ensure the numbers as presented are robust and supportable.
- Prepare analysis, develop understanding and communicate variances to actuals. Develop an understanding of complex information to provide clarity and insight.
- Communicating accurately, clearly and with appropriate regard to audience, which will include the Executive, Board and Shareholder.
- Ad hoc reporting as required. Ad hoc analysis or modelling to support the Executive and Management to develop strategy, understand risks, identify areas of under performance, or understand and assess business opportunities.
THE IDEAL CANDIDATE
- Either part qualified/newly qualified or qualified accountant (ACA/ACCA/CIMA or equivalent)
- An energetic and inquisitive mind looking for a challenge; the ability to seek out and explain insights
- Experience working in a highly analytical/commercial role and in partnering with the business to analyse performance and drive the business
- Strong technical skills- advanced Excel
- Ability to work well in a team or unsupervised is essential
- Able to focus on detail but also to understand the wider commercial picture
- Capable of determining priorities from conflicting work demands
- Can confidently articulate and communicate complex issues to internal stakeholders across the business
- Ability to work accurately and at pace with the drive and imagination to continually improve business processes, seeking to propose, justify and implement changes to automate wherever possible.
KEY WORDS:- CIMA, ACCA, Management Accountant. Commercial Accountant. Analyst, Costing, modelling. Accountancy jobs in Spalding, Accountancy jobs in Lincolnshire
Job Type: Full-time
- Management Accountant
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job