£40,000 - £50,000
My client is an exciting Software Tech company who require a Management Accountant to join their Finance team in Bristol. You will be joining a team of 3 and come with a good amount of experience within a similar set up.
This new role is designed to implement new and to take on a number of existing essential duties in supporting the Company’s financial and business strategies and other Finance team initiatives.
As the Management Accountant, you will prepare, develop and analyse financial information so that the Company’s management team and Board can make well-informed decisions, leading to future stability, predictability, growth and profitability.
- You will establish and maintain financial policies and management information systems, as well as provide a high-quality support service by liaising with management colleagues on all aspects of finance.
- Formulate and evaluate strategic plans, budgets and forecasts for the entire business within set timelines
- Form strong relationships with the product, services and sales & marketing teams to provide reliable, stable revenue and cost forecasts from planning and pipeline data
- Deliver support to the management team in all areas relating to finance to help make the best financial decisions for the business
- Advise across the business on the financial implications and consequences of business decisions
- Offer professional judgement on financial matters, and advise on ways of improving business performance
- Liaise closely with the CFO when building budgets and forecasts to ensure accuracy of data and operational information
- Effectively manage, evaluate and negotiate external relationships with investors, auditors, bankers and other partners
- Develop and monitor existing systems, and introduce new systems and processes to increase the Company’s financial efficiency and reduce costs
- Manage margins, resources and working capital through a sustained period of rapid growth
- Construct detailed financial models from start to finish to evaluate investment opportunities and provide balanced recommendations
- Prepare periodic financial statements, including profit and loss accounts, budgets, cash flows, variance analysis and commentaries
- Ensure spending is kept in line with the budget
- Analyse financial performance and contribute to medium and long-term business planning and forecasting
- Negotiate on major projects, loans and grants
- Interpret and communicate financial data to non-financial managers
- Liaise with other function managers to put the finances and accounts in context
- Monitor and evaluate financial information systems, and suggest improvements where needed
- Implement corporate governance procedures, risk management and internal controls
- With a proven track record within the IT or services sector, you will have previous experience of working in a hands-on role within an SME, and will be comfortable operating at a Board level, influencing senior stakeholders, and identifying and presenting the business case for commercial opportunities
- Advanced MS Excel, MS PowerPoint, MS Word, MS Outlook and MS SharePoint skills are essential, and the ability to model commercial scenarios and the potential outcome of business decisions is a pre-requisite
- Highly ambitious, self-disciplined and motivated candidate with the ability to present a highly professional personal image, demonstrate strong interpersonal and stakeholder management skills, and hold a recognised accountancy qualification suitable for this position is required
- The business is fast-moving and the Finance function has a high degree credibility in the business. The candidate will be passionate about being a part of a highly motivated team, driving change across the business.3+ years in a Finance role focused on the responsibilities noted above
- CIMA/ACA qualified or studying for final stages of qualification
- High level of urgency, attention to detail and accuracy required. Proof’s work assertively to ensure accuracy.
- The ability to be extremely discrete and safeguard sensitive, company and employee, confidential information required
- Methodical and organized approach to handling data and information from various sources in a timely manner
- Spot, investigate and partner in resolving potential errors in data
- Exhibit a willingness to take on tasks outside of your usual responsibilities and comfort zone. Demonstrate a "do what it takes" attitude.
- Be a self-starter and be comfortable working with minimal supervision at times
- Knowledge of Access Dimensions (ERP), Focal Point (Timesheets) highly beneficial
- You will be personable, friendly, helpful and collaborative and understand the careful balance between being professional and friendly vs. too familiar and casual
- Have an excellent grasp of numbers and an excellent grasp of the English language. Exhibit solid communications skills - both written and verbal, addressing policies and numerical information will be central to the role.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job