Management Accountant – Spider. The Regions Fixed Fee Web Recruiters are delighted to be supporting an environmentally -friendly automotive company with their search for a Management Accountant to be based in Chelmsford.
As the Management Accountant you will be reporting directly to the CFO in the Corporate Services Department and the key focus of this role will be to manage the accounts function, ensure day-to-day financial control over spending and report monthly to the directors.
Other responsibilities include:
- Overseeing invoice processing, managing the purchase order system and controlling spend against budget
- Producing monthly management accounts
- Assisting with the creation of department and project budgets
- Analysis of expenditure variances to budget
- Project costing and reconciliations for government grant monitoring reports
- Helping operations and engineering management to manage within budgets
- Support “cost down” analyses and planning for engineering
- Cash receipting, allocation and bank reconciliations
- Credit control (although limited at this stage)
- Processing expense claims
- Processing payments for authorisation by Directors
- Monthly VAT returns, including dealing with import VAT and duty
- Ad-hoc tasks for Senior Managers and Directors, including financial and cost analyses for sales
- Administration and other duties relevant to the role
- Experience working within a manufacturing environment
- Experience in working in a start-up or fast-growing SME
- Excellent communication skills
- Confident in using Microsoft Excel and Xero
- Ability to work to deadlines, quickly and accurately under pressure
- Flexible and adaptable
- ACA/ACCA/CIMA Qualifications are preferable but candidates who are qualified by experience will also be considered
This is a full time position that offers 25 days holiday including bank holidays (appropriate days must be kept for Christmas shut down). The role is full-time although we will consider exceptional candidates who can work at least the equivalent of 3 days per week. We also offer auto enrolment pension scheme.
On offer is a salary of £30,000-£40,000 per annum (pro rata for part time) depending on experience.
This vacancy is being advertised by Spider, the region’s Fixed Fee Web Recruitment Company. We provide an online recruitment advertising and employee selection service in Suffolk, Norfolk, Essex and Cambridgeshire.
Additional keywords: Director, Operations, Metal, Metal fabrication, Management
By applying for this role you give permission for Spider to submit your personal information contained within your CV or any other relevant information provided in order for the prospective employer to review your application for the specific role applied for. Spider Web Recruitment will not submit or use your personal information for any other purposes other than for searching for alternative employment.
- Metal fabrication