Salary: from £30k to £35k per annum dependant on experience
Job Type: Full Time, Permanent
Hours: 35 hours per week
Location: West Didsbury, Manchester
Benefits: Include competitive pension, 26 days holiday plus bank holidays increasing with service, childcare vouchers, cycle to work scheme, season ticket loans for public transport plus much more
Closing date for applications: 16th February 2018
About the role:
Reporting to the Finance Business Partner the Management Accountant’s overall purpose is to provide and further develop a comprehensive and professional management accounting and service charge function to our client.
To ensure that the Group’s financial transactions are correctly recorded and accounted for and that accurate and timely management reports are made available to the senior management team.
Ensure all accounting and regulatory requirements are met and provide information as required for the executive team and the Board.
• To produce prompt, accurate and meaningful monthly management and service charge accounts to facilitate budgetary control and comply with relevant legislation
• Provide all information required for monthly management accounts in line with the central timetable
• To streamline processes and improve information to internal and external customers
• To manage the rent and service charge team
• To work with budget holders to identify key issues and drive through remedial action
• To produce specified balance sheet account reconciliations on a monthly basis to ensure regulatory indicators and financial convents can be monitored.
• To assist the Finance Business Partner in the preparation of the annual statutory accounts to a timetable agreed with the external auditors.
• To manage the budget, projection and forecasting process whilst assisting and challenging budget holders where required
• To advise and train budget holders in matters of financial understanding and budgetary control.
• To provide support to project work and cross functional teams within the Group as required.
• ACCA/CIMA qualified/part qualified or equivalent
• Preparation and reconciliation of Income and Expenditure/Balance Sheet Account
• Working with budget holders from other departments outside of Finance
• Undertaking highly complex reconciliation work using significant volumes of financial data
• Excellent Oral and written communication skills
• Strong IT / Interpersonal skills, particularly the use of excel to manipulate complex data and build reports
• Excellent organisation skills - able to work on several projects at one time
• Ability to work independently and proactively to meet deadlines, and influencing others to meet them
• Working in Social Housing sector
• At least 4 years experience of working in a busy finance team
• Management of small teams
• Knowledge of 'Open Accounts’ package
• Knowledge of the Housing sector
• Knowledge of rent and service charges
• Worked as part of a project implementation team
• Confident in decision making when appropriate
• Process improvement
You may have experience of the following: ACA, CIMA, ACCA, Assistant Accountant, Accountant, Qualified Accountant, Finance Analyst, Finance Officer, Management Accountant, Finance Manager, Reporting, Financial Reporting, Service Charges and Income Accounting
This vacancy is being advertised by Easy Web Recruitment, the UK’s leading Online Recruitment Agency. The services advertised by Easy Web Recruitment are those of an employment agency. No terminology in this advert is intended to discriminate on the grounds of gender, race, disability, age, sexual orientation, religion, or belief, and we confirm that we will gladly accept all applications.
About their company:
Our client is not your average housing association. They are a forward-thinking, profit-for-purpose business that works hard to improve the lives of residents in their 19,000 homes across the North West and Yorkshire.
Our clients work doesn’t stop at their customers’ front door. The surplus they make is invested back into the business to fund building new homes and to provide a full range of support services for some of the most vulnerable members of society including the homeless, young parents, older people and those with mental health needs.
They are extremely proud of their dedicated, passionate and friendly colleagues who live their values and work hard to make a difference every day. Working for them you will be part of something special and in return, they offer a competitive package with a range of enhanced benefits, and learning and development opportunities to help you achieve and exceed your potential.