Richard Huish College, Taunton, Somerset are seeking an experienced Management Accountant to manage our small finance team and support the Group Finance Controller in the efficient and effective running of the department and production of management information and financial reporting.
You will have had experience working in a similar position, and demonstrate strong communication skills, and the enthusiasm to work in a dynamic and professional environment where your input is key.
You will ideally be part qualified and studying towards CIMA/ACCA/CIPFA (a study package would be available to help with this). Advanced Excel skills are a must.
Operational management of finance services across the group including team member workflow.
Be responsible for the tracking, monitoring and reporting on Finance Service performance targets
Month end management accounting procedures, reports preparation and intervention with budget holders as required across the Group.
Assisting the Group Financial Controller with budget holder liaison across Group.
Responsible for all control account reconciliations, and Fixed Asset Accounting
With the financial controller, prepare and submit VAT and other external returns
Assist in preparation and completion of financial statements for the Group
Assist the Group Financial Controller with the preparation of the annual budget and its delegation to budget holders
Provide transactional support across the service if required
Day to day management of Treasury requirements across the Group including cash flow/cash requirements planning, bank account monitoring and BACS submissions
Responsibility for the day to day running of the accounts software and any development project implementation
First escalation point for procedural compliance breaches across the Group
College Benefitsinclude :
• Childcare Vouchers: a flexible option to save money on childcare costs [vouchers purchased are exempt from tax and NI] through a monthly salary sacrifice scheme.
• Cycle Scheme: a scheme that enables staff to contribute to the cost of a bike through salary sacrifice.
• Employee Assistance Programme: a programme designed to provide support, counselling and practical information on a wide range of work and personal issues e.g. financial/debt, stress, pressure, anxiety, depression, bullying, bereavement etc. The service is available 24/7 and is free to all staff and their partners and families.
• Discounted shopping and leisure vouchers: we pay an annual fee so that staff can save up to 8.5% at big name supermarkets and up to 12% on leading high street stores plus special offers from other leading retailers and online sites.
• Free eyesight tests and flu vaccinations.
• Active Huish: Subsidised use of the college gym and Wyvern Club membership.
• Annual Health & Wellbeing event for all staff including therapeutic, sporting and creative activities.
Salary: Sixth Form Colleges Support Staff Salary Scale Point 31 currently £24,651.
Hours: Permanent full time all year round.
Closing date: Monday 19th February 2018 at 1pm.
Richard Huish College is committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and young people.
These posts require a criminal background check via the disclosure procedure.
We actively promote equal opportunities and welcome applications from all sections of the community.
- Communication Skills
- Finance Team
- Management Accountant
- Part Qualified