Role: Management Accountant
Location: Exchange Quay, Manchester
Benefits: Bonus, matched pension contribution, DIS
Looking to develop a career with an award winning business in the financial services industry? My client could have just the opportunity for you.
They are one of the largest providers of online investment platforms and stockbroker services in the UK, an opportunity has arisen for a Management Accountant to join the Head Office finance team at our new offices in Exchange Quay. It will involve a number of management accounts, statutory accounts, tax, regulatory and budgeting and forecasting responsibilities. This is a great opportunity for someone who is technically strong, has excellent communication skills and is looking to develop their career and shape their own team.
MANAGEMENT ACCOUNTS / MI
* Ensuring that the monthly management accounts and supporting documentation are prepared to an agreed time line
* Preparing the agreed monthly management accounts schedules for the consolidated finance pack
* Preparing monthly analysis of the major variances arising with the management accounts
* Preparing monthly MI as required by the management of the business
* Oversight of trade creditors and payment runs
* Project managing migration of function to Manchester.
* Preparing supporting documentation for the annual audit and interim review
* Participation in on-site visits by the external auditor and ensuring all PBC information requests are fulfilled in a timely manner
TAX & REGS
* Considering all tax implications of transactions entered into by the business and raising potential issues with the Tax Accountant
* Ensuring daily bank reconciliations are performed and potential client monies are identifie
* Managing the daily client money reporting requirements and ensure Finance is compliant with the CASS rulebook
* Reconciliation and reporting of liquidity funding requirements in accordance with the ICAAP
BUDGETING & FORECASTING
* Supporting the monthly cash flow forecast process
* Providing budget and forecasting information when required
* Supporting in the implementation of Finance department objectives and maintaining SLAs
* Staff management responsibilities including 1-2-1s and appraisals
* Maintaining accounting procedures and operational manuals
* Ensuring controls are appropriate and adequate to minimise risk
* Assisting Management Accounts Manager with any ad hoc duties
* ACCA / CIMA / ACA qualified
* Excellent Excel skills, to pivot table, VLookup level
* Strong written and verbal communication skills
* Demonstrate the ability to lead projects / teams
* Analytical and problem solving skills
* Planning / organisational skills
* Ability to work under pressure
* Flexible and adaptable
* Attention to detail
* Conscientious and methodical approach to work
* In return we will provide all the training and support you need in order to develop within your role.
* A friendly working environment with a strong sense of team work, we have a great sense of pride in what we do and this is reflected in our strong guiding principles.
* There is an active programme of social events throughout the year which are open to all employees.
* Free onsite gym and classes.
* Pay day drinks.
Bank or payment details should not be provided when applying for a job. reed.co.uk is not responsible for any external website content. All applications should be made via the 'Apply now' button.Report this job