We are seeking to appoint an experienced accountant to assist with the running of the Federation central finance function, taking responsibility for various tasks and any ad hoc projects that may require completion.
The Harris Federation is a successful, highly collaborative and enterprising group of academies around London. Our network of academies is setting standards of excellence through an experienced and supportive approach with the aim that every child in London can have the best possible education, enabling them to fulfil their potential and decide their own future. The focus of the Harris Federation is on transforming some of the most challenging schools in London into exceptional places of learning. That means that when you work at a Harris academy, you are playing a part in something very important – giving children the freedom and the opportunities to choose their own futures.
Previous finance experience within an academy/school environment is advantageous. This person will play a key role in both the strategic and operational running of the central finance function. We are looking for someone who is newly qualified or studying towards a recognised accountancy qualification, with excellent management and interpersonal skills.
- Responsibility for preparing and maintaining balance sheet reconciliations for all academies within the cluster
- Support Finance Business Partners (FBPs) in the production of financial statements
- Assist in the production of the annual budget and periodic forecasting
- Support in the on-going review of cash flow and production of forecasts
- Ownership of the monthly VAT reporting to the Federation and recovery of VAT payments
- Responsible for maintaining the Fixed Asset Registers and depreciation for all cluster Academies, and ensuring assets agree to the accounting system on a monthly basis
- Responsible for reconciling Teachers Pension (TP) and Local Government Pension Scheme Pension (LGPS) payments on a monthly basis and annual basis
For a full list of responsibilities and key skills, please download the Candidate Information Pack above.
The role will be based at the Harris Federation head office close to East Croydon station, with visits to academies in and around London required.
Applications will be considered as and when they are received. For further information, please contact the Harris Federation on .
Harris academies are committed to safeguarding and promoting the welfare of children and expect all staff and volunteers to share this commitment. All offers of employment are subject to an Enhanced DBS check, and where applicable, a prohibition from teaching check will be completed for all applicants. In line with our commitments to safeguarding, the Harris Federation uses preferred agencies and is unable to work with any agencies where Terms of Business have not been agreed by both parties prior to an engagement.