Horsham, West Sussex
Permanent, Full Time
Salary £28,000-35,000pa (depending on experience) + full study support if required
An industry acknowledged, medium sized organisation based in Horsham is currently seeking a technically strong Management Accountant to join their finance team. This is a highly commercial environment where the Managing Directors rely heavily on this team for accurate and detailed management information and recommendations. This valued function plays a key part in business decisions and development.
This individual will report to a Finance Director and Financial Controller as part of a collaborative and supportive team. What they require is a Management Accountant who can not only create reports but who also has an analytical, pro-active and inquisitive mind and will be able to provide insights into what the monthly reports mean for the business and what actions should be taken. A highly commercial individual who will question the numbers and enjoys carrying out ad hoc analysis work. Study support is available for active studiers.
This is a great role for an ambitious, dedicated finance professional who’s looking for an opportunity which will offer genuine career progression.
- Preparing various schedules to support the financial reports.
- Providing financial analysis on company activity.
- Reconciling transactions by comparing and correcting data.
- Providing management reporting for decision making.
- Monthly reconciling stock movements and stock group analysis.
- Preparation of the financial accounts.
- Dealing with ad-hoc reports and queries.
- Preparing monthly management accounts.
- Assisting with the year end audit process.
- Undertaking forecast variance analysis at agreed interval.
- Part qualified or studying towards ACCA/CIMA or qualified by experience.
- Able to apply an analytical mind set in combination with strong system skills and a good level of Excel capability to manipulate data to meet reporting requirements.
- Able to complete tasks under pressure and in a timely manner all the while observing a high level of attention to detail.
- Experience of producing financial accounts.
- Capable of working well in a team environment.
- High level of motivation, a positive attitude and willing to commit to our core values.
- Willing to contribute to the overall improvement and success of the business.
Please apply via website or contact Georgina at Harvey John for more information.