Management Accountant - Permanent - Alton
About Capita | Security Watchdog
Capita plc is an international business process outsourcing and professional services company headquartered in London. It is the largest business process outsourcing and professional services company in the UK, and has clients in central government, local government and the private sector.
Security Watchdog provides employment screening services and identity checks and is an industry leading part of Capita Plc.
- Management and ownership of key finance processes, including reporting monthly performance and variance analysis, posting journals.
- Ensure adequate financial control is in place and adhered to, including all key balance sheet elements (fixed assets, debtors, WIP, accruals & prepayments)
- Support department managers with the financial management of cost centres, ensuring accurate forecasts
- Provide meaningful, value add analysis on issues impacting the business.
- Provide pro-active support to the Finance Director on month end issues and producing key analysis schedules.
- Relate business performance to financial impact.
- Oversee the creation of accurate and timely KPIs.
- Revenue recognition review Knowledge, Skills and Experience
- Qualified (ACA/ACCA/CIMA) accountant with a minimum of two years management accounts experience.
- High degree of computer literacy to include a good understanding of Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Outlook)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills Strong customer service and quality focus
- Ability to work well and methodically in a demanding environment
- Team player with genuine enthusiasm to make a contribution to the company
- Ready to take on more responsibilities as job develops
- Able to use initiative (and advice of others) to identify new solutions
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritize effectively.
- Ability to influence decision making process through clear presentation of financials
- Ability to work to and meet deadlines
- Confidence to deal with team managers
- SAP experience
- Axiom experience
What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
<img src="http://maps/api/staticmap?center=GU341HL&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=GU341HL&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.