Management Accountant - Our client is a growing private equity backed niche Travel business, both a tour operator and a travel agency that has an excellent opportunity for a recently qualified (or nearly qualified) Management Accountant to join its expanding finance team. Reporting to the Finance Director, the Management Accountant will be responsible for:
- Production of month end management including profit and loss, balance sheet and cash flow forecasting.
- Management of accruals, prepayments, depreciation and petty cash monthly journals.
- Reconciliation of monthly key ledger balance sheet and profit and loss accounts.
- Assistance with weekly MI preparation.
- Production of VAT returns
- Management of ledger journals into Sage.
- Daily bank reconciliations including multi-currency accounts.
- Assist the Finance Director in ad-hoc projects and analysis.
- Helping the Accounts Assistant with transactional processing.
The position will suit a capable recently qualified (or nearly qualified) Management Accountant with strong management reporting exposure, seeking a step up and the chance to learn from a dynamic FD. The role is expected to grow into a genuine Financial Controller position. Strong systems skills are important and a private equity background would be useful though by no means essential. This is an excellent opportunity offering genuine career progression in an extremely friendly working environment.