Management Accountant - Permanent - Reading
About the role This role is responsible for the financial control and management of a number of cost centres for a high profile contract
Capita plc is an international business process outsourcing and professional services company headquartered in London. It is the largest business process outsourcing and professional services company in the UK, and has clients in central government, local government and the private sector.
- Produce monthly Management Accounts and relevant variance analysis in line with Capita PLC's reporting Deadline.
- Monthly Reporting - produce Monthly Reports and Variance analysis that is meaningful and robust.
- Monthly forecasting - produce and understand the monthly forecast with the support of the relevant Ops managers. Present the forecast to the SMT. Ensuring all movements are fully explainable.
- Business planning - work with the business to produce the BP each year and ensure handshakes are in place
- Ensure that invoices are raised in a timely manner in adherence to the provisions of the agreement
- Ensure all WIP is recorded, calculated correctly and managed so as to minimise risk
- Ensure all financial controls within the business are adhered to. Highlight areas for increased controls, generate business "buy in", and implement the controls as necessary
- Providing information and advice to assist in making key financial decisions
- Risk analysis on the P&L
- Signing off the financial element of business cases and change control notes
- Ownership for reporting the financial impacts of any price performance mechanism
- To identify and manage financial risk and issues and respond with solutions,
- Ensure adherence to financial obligations in the agreement (eg indexation, outturn financial model)
- Support business as escalation point for AP, procurement, payroll, SAP, desktop, other queries.
- Ensuring Group policies and procedures are followed
Knowledge, Skills and Experience Essential:
- Part Qualified (ACCA/CIMA)
- Excellent written and oral communication skills Strong customer service and quality focus
- Good ability to work well and methodically in a demanding environment
- Team player with genuine enthusiasm to make a contribution to the company and staff.
- Ready to take on more responsibilities as job develops.
- Able to use initiative (and advice of others) to identify new solutions.
- Ability to manage own workload and prioritise effectively.
- Ability to influence decision making process through clear presentation of financials
- Ability to work to and meet deadlines
- SAP experience What we hope you will do next
Help us find out more about you by completing our short application process - click apply now.
Capita operates as an equal opportunities employer and we welcome all applications regardless of gender, marital status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, race, colour, ethnic origin, nationality, religion or beliefs, disability, age, political opinions or trade union membership.
Listen | Create | Deliver
<img src="http://maps/api/staticmap?center=RG18LS&zoom=14&size=200x200&maptype=roadmap&markers=RG18LS&color:ORANGE|label:A|&sensor=false&key=AIzaSyA1avTFqfXs_sttGUBwjK6mTjic1Y-zg2I" align="left" />
Follow Capita on twitter @capitacareers
Follow Capita on facebook @careersatcapita
Capita Resourcing welcome applications from all suitably qualified people regardless of gender, race, disability, age or sexual orientation.
Capita Resourcing is a trading name of Capita Resourcing Ltd. Services offered are those of an Employment Agency and Employment Business. Applicants will be required to register with us.
If you are successful with your application, you will need complete Capita's vetting and screening checks. This will include, but not be limited to, Reference Checks, a Criminality Check, Financial Probity Check, Sanctions Check and Media Check.